Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If clause in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If clause in perl Post 302771570 by balajesuri on Thursday 21st of February 2013 03:46:51 AM
Old 02-21-2013
Code:
if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} )
# Check if there exists value in hash %ENV referred by key "FMTWRP_TMP_DIR"

if ( $OSType =~ "SunOS" )
# Check if variable $OSType contains string "SunOS"

if ( @ARGV < 2 )
# Check if the number of arguments passed to perl program is less than 2

if ($background)
# Check if $background is true (or anything other than 0 or not null)

if (@ARGV)
# Check if arguments are passed to perl program ( equivalent of if(@ARGV > 0) )

if (index($primary_src,"none") == 0)
# Check if value in var $primary_src starts with string "none"

chomp( $processor = `uname -p` );
# Remove the new-line character at the end of string referred by variable $processor

if ( !$restart )
# Condition succeeds if $restart is false (or is null), fails if $restart is true (or contains some value).

if ( !$my_group
  || !$my_application
  || !$my_environment
  || !$my_ftpaccount
  || !$host
  || !$my_userid
  || !$my_whoami )
# Condition succeeds if any one of the variable is false (or is null), fails if all are true (or all variables contain some value).

if ( ( -e $CYBERSDK_NEW ) && ( -e $my_credfilename ) )
# Check if files referred by $CYBERSDK_NEW and $my_credfilename exist

$ok = open( CTRL_FILE, $ctrl_file ); if ( !($ok) )
# If $ok is false (or 0 or null), then open file referred by $ctrl_file into filehandle CTRL_FILE and store the value returned by open into $ok.

while (<CTRL_FILE>) {
  chomp $_;
# Read file referred by filehandle CTRL_FILE line by line and remove the new-line character (if present) at the end of each line

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

having trouble with using if clause in AWK

The goal: I have a list of people in teams. The list looks something like this $1 = Job Position (marketing, IT, PR) $2 = Name $3 = Team Name $4 = Targeted member (somebody in field 2 targets somebody else) $5 = Employment Status (full time/part time/etc) The idea is to search through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

../ in perl and if clause

Hi can anyone please explain what the below code does? i mean $fide_stopfile = ? when $FIDE_SCR = '/fs/dir1/dir2/common/scr' and also little confused with if clause too. what it check? $fide_stopfile = "$ENV{FIDE_SCR}/../tmp/STOP"; if ( -e $fide_stopfile > 0 ) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a directory with if clause?

Hello All, I want to do a conditional search for a directory, i.e pathname=/abc/def foldername=xyz if ( $pathname/$foldername/aaa ) then .................. fi Here i am searching for aaa directory inside the path and if it exist then it should go inside the loop. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause query

Hi, i need to add a condition in my IF clause where i need to check if the file exists in a folder and return true out of it. but in my directory i have multiple files with same name but datestamp append on it for e.g. export f1 = filename export f2=filename1 if ] then echo "No... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cshell if clause indentation

I would like to know if indentation is relevant for Cshell scripts. I wrote my code like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 cat file2 > file20 endifUsually I write my if clauses like this: if ((-e file1) && (-e file2)) then cat file1 > file10 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maya3
1 Replies
DICLIBINTRO(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    DICLIBINTRO(3)

NAME
DICLib intro - dictionary access library introduction DESCRIPTION
The dictionary access library provides basic functions for kana-kanji conversion. The following files are prerequisite to using the dic- tionary access library: Header file canna/RK.h An include file that contains data and function declarations for use by the kana-kanji conversion library. Include this file at compile time. Libraries libcanna.a, libcanna.so Kana-kanji conversion libraries. Specify "-lcanna" at link time. SUMMARY
The dictionary access library provides three major categories of functions: i| Code conversion functions Convert character string codes between double-width and single-width characters and between hiragana and katakana. External data and initialization procedures are not required. i| Romaji-kana conversion functions Convert Romaji to kana by using a Romaji-kana conversion table that defines the correspondence between Romaji and kana. The rules of Romaji-kana conversion can be altered by making modifications to this table. i| Kana-kanji conversion functions Convert kana to kanji through continuous clause conversion by using a kana-kanji conversion dictionary that defines the correspondence between readings and words. Kana-kanji conversion can be performed to meet specific applications by making modifications to this dic- tionary. Among all the functions of Japanese input processing, this library performs only data conversion. To be able to enter Japanese text from a keyboard, therefore, it is necessary for users to write a keyboard handling routine within the application program. i| Code conversion functions Rk(w)CvtZen Convert ASCII characters and single-width katakana to double-width characters. RkCvtHan Convert double-width symbols, alphanumeric characters, hiragana, and katakana to single-width characters. RkCvtKana Convert double-width hiragana to double-width katakana. RkCvtHira Convert double-width katakana to double-width hiragana. RkCvtEuc Convert shift JIS code to EUC code. i| Romaji-kana conversion functions RkOpenRoma Open the dictionary to use for Romaji-kana conversion. RkCloseRoma Close the dictionary used for Romaji-kana conversion. RkMapRoma Perform Romaji-kana conversion by using a specified Romaji-kana conversion dictionary. RkCvtRoma Convert an entire character string from Romaji to kana by iteratively using RkMapRoma. i| Kana-kanji conversion functions RkInitialize Initialize the kana-kanji conversion functions. RkFinalize Terminate the kana-kanji conversion functions. RkCreateContext Create a new conversion context. RkDuplicateContext Create a context having the same conversion environment as a specified context. RkCloseContext Close a specified conversion context. RkGetDicList Get the names of dictionaries that can be added to the dictionary list. RkMountDic Mount a dictionary in the dictionary list. RkGetMountList Get the names of the currently mounted dictionaries. (or characters for RkwResize) RkUnmountDic Unmount a specified dictionary from the dictionary list. RkRemountDic Alter the priority order of a dictionary already in the dictionary list. RkBgnBun Convert the reading of a specified length to kanji. RkEndBun Terminate kana-kanji conversion. RkGoTo Set the clause with a specified clause number as the current clause. RkLeft Move the current clause to the clause to its left. RkRight Move the current clause to its right. RkXfer Set the candidate with a specified candidate number as the current candidate. RkNext Set the next candidate as the current candidate. RkPrev Set the previous candidate as the current candidate. RkNfer Set a reading itself as the current candidate. RkResize Change the reading length of the current clause to len bytes. RkEnlarge Enlarge the reading of the current clause. RkShorten Shorten the reading of the current clause. RkStoreYomi Change the reading of the current clause to a specified reading, reconverting the subsequent clauses. RkGetYomi Get the reading of the current clause. RkGetKanji Get the current candidate for the current clause. RkGetKanjiList Get all kanji candidates for the current clause. RkGetStat Get analysis information about the current candidate. RkGetLex Get morphemic information on each word that makes up the current candidate. RkDefineDic Define a specified candidate in a dictionary. RkDeleteDic Delete a specified candidate from a dictionary. DICLIBINTRO(3)