Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Screen blanks when exiting vi and more Post 302769227 by bakunin on Monday 11th of February 2013 03:22:37 PM
Old 02-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandersen
for vim, add the following to your ~/.vimrc:

Code:
set t_ti= t_te=

Phantastic! Many thanks for this, it will become perhaps the first line in my "~/.exrc".

I have noticed, though, that the overwhelming majority of lines in my vim-configuration deal with switching off all the annoying default of this "emacs in disguise". If i ever want to play video games i'll buy a C64, my editor only needs to edit files, mumble, grumble, ...

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in an awk comand

Hi, Im trying to write something that will report if a filesytem is over 80% but the problem is the output reports on a dir that is a 9%. any ideas? this is what I have ************************************************* if then param=90 else param=$1 fi df -kl | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in file name

I have a file with a list of filenames. I want to work loopwise through the file and operate on each of the listed files. Normally I'd do something like: for file in `cat $mydir/file-list` do echo $file >> $mydir/my.log cp $mydir/$file $newdir done the problem is that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

4. Programming

Blanks vs: Nulls

I'm relatively new to Pro*C programming. In the following example: char name; EXEC SQL SELECT 'John Doe' INTO :name FROM DUAL; "John Doe" is in positions 0-7, blanks in 8-19, and a null in 20. I would really prefer the null to be in position 8 and I don't care what's after that. I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebock
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blanks with | (pipe)

Hello, I'm trying to replace the first x number of spaces in a line with a |. Right now I'm using a very inefficient syntax to accomplish the task and was looking to simplify it. I have several cases were the pipes need to replace just the first space on the line, which I did a simple... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd_joy
11 Replies

7. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blanks, spaces

I have pipe separated file with lots of blank spaces. After using sed -e 's/ *| */|/g' this command ,its giving me output as TT0000013101640| HCAMBLAMCNB010|Jul 3 2012 11:14AM| HARYANA| Bangali Mohalla | TCL-UBR|9368040005|9355264655|9218509220|NULL ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sususa
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)