Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VMware View Client
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users VMware View Client Post 302766783 by metallica1973 on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 11:36:28 AM
Old 02-05-2013
VMware View Client

We have several ESXI 5.0 servers in our environment and am really tired of firing up my windows 7 VM and using Vsphere client to be able to see the "VM's". I looked into using VMware View Client for linux and have never been able to get it to work. When I connect, I get:
PHP Code:
Untrust View Connection:

Failed to connect to the View Connection ServerThe server provided an invalid certificateThe certificate authority is invalid or incorrect.

view certificate

blah blah blah 
I found in their manual what one should do to circumvent the issue and decided to try to import the certificate:
PHP Code:
For instructions on importing a root certificate stored in this locationsee the procedure called "Importing a
Certificate into the System-Wide Certificate Authority Database" 
in the document at

https
://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenSSL. 
but to no evail. When I tell the client:
PHP Code:
do not verify server identity certificates
it give me a HTTP error 400. Has anyone on this planet had any success with this?

---------- Post updated at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:29 AM ----------

Oops,

I posted this before in the past without a response.

https://www.unix.com/unix-linux-appli...on-issues.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmware???????????????????

i got the rpm file and installed it but nothing happens i went to the cmd line and got the wizard to come up and finshed it but still no a thing will any body help me set this thing up i'm using mandrak9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

2. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

3. Solaris

VMware

Hi I want to install vmware on my laptop and get started by installing a Solaris 10 on it . Can aybody suggest any links, pdfs etc that describes the procedure step by step .The laptop is running windows Vista Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Hi VMware 7.1.1

Hi Gurus Can anyone please send a trial license of VMware 7.1.1. I install it in my machine. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

rdesktop single application mode VMware Vsphere Client

I have tried every possibilty that I can think of and cant get rdesktop using single application mode to work. I have tried with paths and without. Testing other apps: rdesktop -u username -p password -d localdomain.local -g 1024x768 -s 'notepad.exe' 10.7.0.14 rdesktop -g 1024x768... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
VMXNET3(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMXNET3(9)

NAME
vmxnet3 - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmxnet3 DESCRIPTION
This is a Linux kernel device driver module that drives VMware's second fast networking device. As it is backed by real (virtual) hardware, it should be automatically loaded by hotplug or udev as needed. Unlike the older 'vmxnet' hardware, the 'vmxnet3' hardware does not morph and as such the modprobe-related logic isn't necessary. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmblock(9) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmxnet3 and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMXNET3(9)