Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] How to tar data along with current system date and time.? Post 302764541 by Yoda on Thursday 31st of January 2013 03:32:54 PM
Old 01-31-2013
There is a kernel limitation ARG_MAX. If the data fetched inside the back-ticks is not within this limit, your script will fail.

So it is always a good programming practice to avoid using such construct.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date and time for past 1 hour from current date

Hi, I need to get the date and time for past 1 hour from the current date. Anyone know how to do so? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spch2o
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get current system date

How do I create a shell script that would get the current system date in format of yyyymmdd and use that result to concatenate it to a filename that it would look like this: sample20051024.dat example -------- current system date: 24-Oct-2005 filename: sample.dat when the shell script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date IN UNIX

Hi, Anybody knows how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date through UNIX script. Ex : - If today is 28th Mar 2010 then I have to delete the files which arrived on 1st Mar 2010, (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How far is given date from current time?

give a date and time: Jun 12 21:05:16 06-12-2012 21:05:16 2012/06/12 21:05:16 How can i subtract these dates and times from the current date and time and get back the difference in seconds? a one liner like: echo "Jun 12 21:05:16" | some perl/awk programming 90900s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current date and time

i have file 1.txt asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney i want to add today's date and time in the end of each row expected output asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra|130430|1358 sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney|130430|1358 todays date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to substract date with current date and time

I have below file which contain the date in column 3,4,5 12345 open 10/10/13 10:08 PM 3 application is in java 67899 open 12/10/13 2:31 AM 2 apps can be reach 23456 open 11/9/13 2:31 AM 4 java is OK 65432 open 12/10/13 10:07 PM 9 we are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
1 Replies
install_int_ex(3alleg4) 					  Allegro manual					   install_int_ex(3alleg4)

NAME
install_int_ex - Adds or modifies a timer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int install_int_ex(void (*proc)(), int speed); DESCRIPTION
Adds a function to the list of user timer handlers or, if it is already installed, retroactively adjusts its speed (i.e makes as though the speed change occurred precisely at the last tick). The speed is given in hardware clock ticks, of which there are 1193181 a second. You can convert from other time formats to hardware clock ticks with the macros: SECS_TO_TIMER(secs) - give the number of seconds between each tick MSEC_TO_TIMER(msec) - give the number of milliseconds between ticks BPS_TO_TIMER(bps) - give the number of ticks each second BPM_TO_TIMER(bpm) - give the number of ticks per minute There can only be sixteen timers in use at a time, and some other parts of Allegro (the GUI code, the mouse pointer display routines, rest(), the FLI player, and the MIDI player) need to install handlers of their own, so you should avoid using too many at the same time. If you call this routine without having first installed the timer module, install_timer() will be called automatically. Your function will be called by the Allegro interrupt handler and not directly by the processor, so it can be a normal C function and does not need a special wrapper. You should be aware, however, that it will be called in an interrupt context, which imposes a lot of restric- tions on what you can do in it. It should not use large amounts of stack, it must not make any calls to the operating system, use C library functions, or contain any floating point code, and it must execute very quickly. Don't try to do lots of complicated code in a timer han- dler: as a general rule you should just set some flags and respond to these later in your main control loop. In a DOS protected mode environment like DJGPP, memory is virtualised and can be swapped to disk. Due to the non-reentrancy of DOS, if a disk swap occurs inside an interrupt handler the system will die a painful death, so you need to make sure you lock all the memory (both code and data) that is touched inside timer routines. Allegro will lock everything it uses, but you are responsible for locking your han- dler functions. The macros LOCK_VARIABLE (variable), END_OF_FUNCTION (function_name), END_OF_STATIC_FUNCTION (function_name), and LOCK_FUNCTION (function_name) can be used to simplify this task. For example, if you want an interrupt handler that increments a counter variable, you should write: volatile int counter; void my_timer_handler() { counter++; } END_OF_FUNCTION(my_timer_handler) and in your initialisation code you should lock the memory: LOCK_VARIABLE(counter); LOCK_FUNCTION(my_timer_handler); Obviously this can get awkward if you use complicated data structures and call other functions from within your handler, so you should try to keep your interrupt routines as simple as possible. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, or a negative number if there is no room to add a new user timer. SEE ALSO
install_timer(3alleg4), remove_int(3alleg4), install_int(3alleg4), install_param_int_ex(3alleg4), excamera(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), extimer(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4), exupdate(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 install_int_ex(3alleg4)