Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script running in parallel failing! Post 302763433 by zazzybob on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 03:51:26 AM
Old 01-30-2013
If you suspect that the kernel upgrade is to blame (which I kind-of doubt), have you tried booting the system off the old kernel and running the script again? If the upgrade is to blame, it should run as it did before. Have you also checked the version of sftp? If the system has been upgraded (for example) with a yum update, openssh-clients (or the equivalent for your distribution) may also have been upgraded, and the problem could lie there - or within a myriad of libraries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

running a parallel program

hi , i need to run a parallel program . for example; program1 { array=" the second program should called here : program 2" the execution should continue } the 2nd program should recieve an array of information as argument and it should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

running servers parallel

I'm going to undertake a hardware refresh soon and I was wondering if it is possible to run two machines (X and Y) with the same hostname (but different IP addresses) on the same network? Server X is the original server and has an entry in DNS. Server Y is the new server and won't have an entry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in parallel

Hi, I am a shell script which takes input parameters and performs various functions. My concern is, if we call the same shell script with different parameter values from different sessions, will the results be inconsistent? Are there any precautions I need to take inorder to avoid conflicts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running jobs in parallel

I need to process 50 sqlplus scripts which are listed in a text file. I need to develop a shell script that'll read this file and run these sqlplus scripts. At any point of time, the number of sqlplus scripts running shouldn't exceed 6. If any of the sqlplus scripts completes successfully then... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctex
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running for one iteration and failing the second one

Hi, I am using Tclexpect to automation testing on switches and using regexp and the buffer outputs the program is running well for one iteration and failing the second one... can anyone please guide me what is the mistake i am making? Thanks Here is the small version of the program, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roh_20022002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running uniq -c and sort -nr in parallel.

Hi All, I have a huge collection of files in a directory about 200000. I have the command below but it only uses one core of the computer. I want it to do task in parallel. This is the command that I want to run in parallel: sort testfile | uniq -c | sort -nr I know how to run sort... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running parallel process

i am having 4 process,have to run parallel and not after one by one. sample1.sh sample2.sh sample3.sh sample4.sh Thanks in advance. i (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in Parallel

Hi Folks I have a doubt. I have a script which is running with 2 input parameters ./GetDSLnkCount.sh <jobnumber> Parmfile.txt I need to run the script in parallel for different jobnumbers. The commands are ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14500 Parmfile.txt ./GetDSLnkCount.sh jnhuc14501... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 3 shell script parallel in another shell script

Hi, I'm trying to do teh below thing. I have a single script which uses 3 different parameters to do 3 different work like belwo. test1.sh par1 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par2 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par3 -- it shuts down an instance Now I created a script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
7 Replies
OVDB_INIT(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      OVDB_INIT(8)

NAME
ovdb_init - Prepare ovdb database for use SYNOPSYS
ovdb_init ["-u"|"-r"] DESCRIPTION
This command must be run before any other process can access the overview database. It performs the following steps: 1. Creates the database environment, if necessary 2. If the database is idle (and if the "-u" option is not specified), it performs a normal recovery. The recovery will remove stale locks, recreate the memory pool cache, and repair any damage caused by a system crash or improper shutdown. 3. If the "-u" option is specified, it performs any necessary upgrades to the database. See the UPGRADING section below. 4. Starts the DB housekeeping processes (ovdb_monitor) if they're not already running. (Unless the "-r" option is specified). 5. Starts the ovdb readserver (ovdb_server) processes if readserver in ovdb.conf is true, and if they are not already running. (Unless the "-r" option is specified). Returns exit status of 0 if all steps were completed successfully. In the event of an error, messages are written to syslog and/or stderr. If a recovery was attempted but it failed, the database may be damaged beyond repair, requiring a rebuild with makehistory(8). This command is normally invoked automatically by rc.news(8). It is OK to run this command multiple times. OPTIONS
"-r" Perform recovery only. "ovdb_monitor" is not started. "-u" Perform any needed upgrades. Recovery is not attempted. "ovdb_monitor" is started if the upgrade succeeded. UPGRADING
There are two situations in which the database will need to be upgraded: o You upgrade the Berkeley DB library to a newer version, for example from 2.7.7 to 3.1.17. In this case, the Berkeley DB db->upgrade() method is used. o You upgrade ovdb to a newer major version; i.e., ovdb-1.0 to ovdb-2.0. In both of these cases, the database is upgraded in-place; and the upgrade can not be undone. Do not interrupt the upgrade process once it has started, because there is a risk of irrepairable corruption. The upgrade may take several minutes to complete. If an upgrade does get interrupted, try running the upgrade again. Here's an example procedure to upgrade a database created with Berkeley DB 2.7.7 to use Berkeley DB 3.1.17: 1. Build and install the Berkeley DB 3.1.17; 2. Run configure in the INN source tree and make sure it picks up the right Berkeley DB directory (e.g., /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1); 3. Do a "make"; 4. Shut down INN (e.g., with "rc.news stop") and be sure to kill all instances of nnrpd as well; 5. Do a "make update" to install the new binaries; 6. Run "ovdb_init -u" as the news user; 7. Start INN with "rc.news". It is OK to specify "-u" even if no upgrades are needed. HISTORY
Written by Heath Kehoe <hakehoe@avalon.net> for InterNetNews. $Id: ovdb_init.pod 7851 2008-05-26 19:33:08Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ovdb(5), makehistory(8) INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 OVDB_INIT(8)