Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Scripting Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Scripting Help Post 302760767 by Yoda on Thursday 24th of January 2013 02:52:04 PM
Old 01-24-2013
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

my $os = $^O;
my $HOME = "";

if($os eq "Linux")
{
 $HOME = "/home/mqm";
}
else
{
 $HOME = "/export/home/mqm";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl scripting

hi Can any one suggest me book for perl scripting on UNIX Platform. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scripting

Hi does anyone know how to ouput "I love scripting" to "scripting love I" without using reverse() function in perl? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in perl scripting.

Hi, To run a perl script i am giving command like this in DOS prompt d:> perl D:\<dir_name>\<dir_name>\sample.pl Its throwing the following error while running the above syntax error at <eval 4> line 1, near "use D:" Can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in PERL Scripting

I am having file xyz.log Its content is like this int main() { d; #ifdef e; f; #else g; #ifdef h. #else i; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Scripting

I have create this shell script #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "Usage: ./script <filename>" exit 1 elif ; then fname="$1" fi output="output.txt" i=0 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evelin90
11 Replies
RNMAIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RNMAIL(1)

NAME
Rnmail - a program for replying via mail SYNOPSIS
Rnmail destination_list or Rnmail -h headerfile [oldarticle] or Rnmail DESCRIPTION
Rnmail is a friendly interface for mailing replies to news articles. It will ask several questions, then allow you to enter your letter, and then mail it off. If you type h and a carriage return at any point, Rnmail will tell you what it wants to know. The -h form is used when invoked from rn. If your editor can edit multiple files, and you want the article to which you are replying to show up as an alternate file, define the environment variable MAILPOSTER as "Rnmail -h %h %A". You can also modify the the MAILHEADER environment variable to change the header file that rn passes to Rnmail. ENVIRONMENT
DOTDIR If defined, specifies a place other than your home directory where 'dot' files may be stored. This is primarily for accounts which are shared by more than one person. Default: $HOME EDITOR The editor you want to use, if VISUAL is undefined. Default: whatever your news administrator installed, usually vi. HOME Your home directory. Default: $LOGDIR LOGDIR Your home directory if HOME is undefined. LOGNAME Your login name, if USER is undefined. Default: value of "whoami". MAILRECORD If defined, contains the name of a file to which the finished message will be appended. Default: message not saved ORGANIZATION Either the name of your organization, or the name of a file containing the name of your organization. Default: whatever your news administrator chose. USER Your login name. Default: $LOGNAME VISUAL The editor you want to use. Default: $EDITOR FILES
$DOTDIR/.letter ~/dead.letter SEE ALSO
rn(1), Pnews(1), mail(1) DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
Uses /bin/mail in the absence of sendmail. LOCAL RNMAIL(1)