Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Periods turn into spaces for some reason Post 302757391 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of January 2013 12:26:08 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Code:
echo 'i   am a string' | sed 's/ /./g'

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what is the exact reason ?

please refer the following 2 statements... 1) int i=1,j; j= i++ + i++; 2) int i=1,j; j=++i + ++i; how j becomes 2 and 6 for the above 2 statements respectively ??? ( i guessed j must be 3 and 5) Somebody define the exact reason please.. :( ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backslashing periods

Hello, I have a script which configures a system, the configuration is currently manual and error prone. I am writting a script, which currently uses hard-coded values. I don't know how to take an IP, e.g. 123.456.789.111, and backslash the periods, so I can pass it to an `exec perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get the file extension having multiple periods

How to get the file extension having multiple periods suppose i have a file samplewprk.txt.dat I need to retrieve txt.dat from the file. I worked all iam getting is either txt or pyd Could anyone help me in providing the solution? Thanks, in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinku
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split and name files as 15 minute periods

Hi, I have a number of large files (up to 4GB) that I wish to split in 96 parts e.g. one for each 15 minutes of the day. The split can be random so I am using split -b 42M filename.csv I want to name each of the resultant files as a distinct 15 minute period of the day e.g. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksexton
10 Replies
RUNKIT_FUNCTION_ADD(3)							 1						    RUNKIT_FUNCTION_ADD(3)

runkit_function_add - Add a new function, similar tocreate_function(3)

SYNOPSIS
bool runkit_function_add (string $funcname, string $arglist, string $code) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $funcname - Name of function to be created o $arglist - Comma separated argument list o $code - Code making up the function RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A runkit_function_add(3) example <?php runkit_function_add('testme','$a,$b','echo "The value of a is $a "; echo "The value of b is $b ";'); testme(1,2); ?> The above example will output: The value of a is 1 The value of b is 2 SEE ALSO
create_function(3), runkit_function_redefine(3), runkit_function_copy(3), runkit_function_rename(3), runkit_function_remove(3), runkit_method_add(3). PHP Documentation Group RUNKIT_FUNCTION_ADD(3)