Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Configure: error: invalid value of canonical target Post 302757165 by Heeka on Thursday 17th of January 2013 07:59:18 AM
Old 01-17-2013
[Solved] Configure: error: invalid value of canonical target

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect GDB-7.5.50-1 to the target but I am getting an error
Code:
configure: error: invalid value of canonical target

.In addition I gave the command
Code:
 ./configure --target=xyz --build= xyz --host=xyz.

Furthemore the host and the build system are compeletly running but the only problem with target. I am using cygwin.

So if anyone has some suggestion then please post it...

Thanks
Heeka

---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:47 PM ----------

Hi all,

luckly, I found the solution of the problem so you don't need to reply for this post....

by using --with-target-subdir instead of --target......

thanks...

Last edited by vbe; 01-17-2013 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: code tags... Thanks for letting us know you solved and given with what

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd: ERROR: invalid syntax

Hello - I have the below script syncToken=None;\ forceDeleteUserHome=true;\ nisPwdDir=/etc;\ mirrorFilesLocation=/etc/connector_mirror_files;\ removeHomeDirContents=true;\ shadow=false;\ connectorPrompt=#;\ nisBuildDirectory=/var/yp;\ PGROUP=nogroup;\ COMMENTS='Comments\\ with\\... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ERROR[55]: Invalid or inaccessible system ID

Hi all, I was changing a motherboard which has the MP console down on an rx4640. I am receiving the following error: ERROR: Invalid or inaccessible system ID(s) then it takes me to the EFI where it doesn't boot from the primary path. I contacted a colleague who already replaced two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MazenH
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: invalid reference

Hello all, I am using sed to parse a particular part of a string and am having problems. I am getting the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 28: invalid reference \1 on `s' command's RHS Here is the code I am using: echo "Alarm SET:" echo "" echo "Date: " $DATE echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory?

I have checked the man page ,which says : The -H (HOME) option sets the HOME environment variable to the homedir of the target user (root by default) as specified in passwd(5). By default, sudo does not modify HOME But I have tried below command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michaelw321
1 Replies

8. Programming

Error: target not supported by gdbserver.

Hi Everyone, I am trying to connect host(i686-pc-cygwin) to the target (arm-elf) via Gdbserver but I am getting following error checking whether vsnprintf is declared... yes checking for socklen_t... yes checking for Elf32_auxv_t... no checking for Elf64_auxv_t... no Error: target not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heeka
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid null command error

Hi, I have this script which gives me output as Invalid null command set recent_file=`grep '^-.*xlsx$' $FTP_LOG |\ sed -e 's/Jan/1/g' \ -e 's/Feb/2/g' \ -e 's/Mar/3/g' \ -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
6 Replies

10. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)