Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Re-start of RHEL server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Re-start of RHEL server Post 302756471 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 01:45:16 AM
Old 01-16-2013
What cache are you talking about?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RHEL 4 U5 - Server immediate shutdown

Dear all, My server has shutdown frequently. It is AMD64, OS is RHEL 4 U5. I've seen the system log, before the shutdown occured: Jul 29 04:28:56 localhost kernel: EDAC k8 MC0: general bus error: participating processor(local node response), time-out(no timeout) memory transaction... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
2 Replies

2. Solaris

To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server

Hello All I just want to know how to Shut Down the Solaris Machines( Servers ) for Maintainance and then Start Up the Machines ( Servers ) . I think I will have to Log In as root to do that . Also how do i Check if all the services running on that server before shut down are running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

Graphical console for RHEL 5 server

hi , i installed RHEL 5 server in one machine . i am able to login through putty . But not through Exceed . i mean to say i want a graphical user interface through exceed . some other machine i am able to log in through exceed . is there any configuration is there for that one . did i miss... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

User (Profile) Specific Start Menu for RHEL 6.1 using KDE 4.3.4

I installed RHEL 6.1 with KDE 4.3.4 using LDAP on a PC and have now the problem to specifiy a user/Profile specific start menu. I have used already the kmenuedit tool and tailored for one user a specific menu, successfully. I changed as an example the konsole submenu. The kmenuedit was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gromit
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 6.3 Errata Server?

I'm attempting to build a RHEL 6.3 yum errata server inside our company firewall with no luck. Is this something Red Hat attempts to prevent people from doing? I have done all the steps that I've been able to find to create a repository and configure it. My two repo files look like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwing471
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Regarding connecting to internet from RHEL 5 server

Dear All, I have a RHEL 5 server of 64 bit . I have disabled the firewalls and added the name server also in resolv.conf. I want to connect to internet inorder to link the machine with Linux Network. # I could not connect to any website from this server for ex ping google.com is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

DNS Service not Start in RHEL 6.4 64 bit

Hi All, I am new to linux and i am configuring DNS server but while i restart service it shows below given error. Please help to solve this error. # /etc/init.d/named restart Stopping named: Generating /etc/rndc.key: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chintanghanti
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server Hang in Linux RHEL 5.5

Dear All , One of our Oracle Database Server , which got hanged a couple of days before , so that we could not login to the Server , but it was pinging. So we tried various options and at last we did a reboot of this server. To find out the root cause of the Server Hang , when i checked the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - Check for and execute queued actions on RHN. SYNOPSIS
rhn_check [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and receives queued actions for this par- ticular system. After receiving the actions, rhn_check will then process them, and return the results to Red Hat Network. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN_CHECK(8)