Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ for dummies: how to compile a code. Post 302756167 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of January 2013 10:15:03 AM
Old 01-15-2013
Hint: If your code has #include "windows.h" in it, odds are good it's never going to work in linux. stdafx and _tmain are also Microsoft-isms. This is not plain C -- you are using the Windows API, which requires Windows.

If you wanted something similar in Linux, I would try using the Simple Directmedia Layer at libsdl.org, many Linux multimedia things use it, and it has a Windows port too.

Last edited by Corona688; 01-15-2013 at 11:20 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!, my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
9 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Programming

how can compile cpp code containing references to java classes

hi there is example (on link given below )of such code that contains java class reference in c++ program. http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-7.1/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Process-Monitor-HOWTO I am new in linux environment. and not able to compile it. when i compile it through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surinder
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error when compile source code

Hello,I'm trying to compile source code for Nmap. My $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/css/bin I type ./configure and all goes great.When I type ./make or ./make it says make not found.Why?I need a correct path for make?Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to compile openGL code which is in C++ in ubuntu

Hi, I am trying to compile openGL code which is written in c++ ..but i am getting error msgs like this root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop# g++ diss.cpp -o diss -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lglut -lGL -lGLU diss.cpp:1:23: error: windows.h: No such file or directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. Programming

Compile and debug Vim source code

Hi, I want to debug Vim source code with GDB but I can't get it. It seems to run without debugger. Here is my try. I have supressed output of most commands. Tell me if you need them. $ uname -mor 2.6.37-ARCH i686 GNU/Linux $ mkdir ~/birei && cd ~/birei $ wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: birei
2 Replies

10. Programming

Why does this example C code run and yet SHOULD either not compile or give a segmentation fault?

Apologies for any typos... Well guys, been researching 'goto' in C and they say that you can't 'goto' labels in another function as a segmentation fault will occur. However I have found a way to 'goto' a label in another function that is NOT main() using the asm() function. As you know I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
14 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)