Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combine 2 texts file and create another file from it? Post 302752765 by Yoda on Monday 7th of January 2013 01:13:53 PM
Old 01-07-2013
Code:
awk '{
      print "create host_plain " $1;
      print "modify network_objects "$1" ipaddr " $2;
      print "update network_objects "$1;
      print " ";
}' host_ip.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate sentences from two texts, combine them

I havet two books, one in Swedish, the other in English. Two text files. I want to combine them into one, with each sentence having it's translation next to it. ------------ Text file one. Example sentence in English. Example 2 sentence 2 in English 2. -------------- Text file two. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LaraMej
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to notify when certain texts appear in a file?

I have a server and occasionally the file mysqld.log would show something like /usr/libexec/mysqld: Disk is full writing './example_com_-_wordpress/wp_statpress.MYD' (Errcode: 122). Waiting for someone to free space... Retry in 60 secs How do I write a simple shell script to check mysqld.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acider
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to combine two file

Hi, can anybody help me. I want to combine these two file into one horizontally. 1st File: ... 10:00 10:01 10:02 10:03 10:04 10:05 ... 2nd File: ... 0715 10:00 Caps: 50 0715 10:01 Caps: 65 0715 10:02 Caps: 75 0715 10:04 Caps: 50 0715 10:05 Caps: 87 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lurak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two Huge Texts and Combine Result to Third

hi, i want to examine two file and write some codes to a third file. note that seperators are TAB, not space. first file: 192.168.1.1 3 192.168.1.2 2 192.168.3.2 2 192.168.7.3 1 ... second file: 192.168.1.1 1 10.15.1.1 3 30 10.15.2.1 2 40 192.168.1.1 2 10.23.4.5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for Multiple texts in a file

Hello guys, I hope anyone can help me with this ... I have a file in which i have around 6000 lines of same format text like 1234567 2345678 3456789 .................... Now what I have to do is that there I have to search these numbers in another file which contains hundreds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_usmanayub
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Serach a string for multiple occurrences in a file and cut related texts

Hi, I want a help in this forum for my below issue. 1. I have a file where I'm searching for a text . 2. When I get the line where the above string is present I want to cut some texts from the line where the particular string was found. These above two steps will repeat in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to combine two lines in a file based on first character of each line in a file. Please find the sample content of the file below: Code: _______________________ 5, jaya, male, 4-5-90, single smart 6, prakash, male, 5-4-84, married fair 7, raghavi,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaP
1 Replies
print-service(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 print-service(1M)

NAME
print-service - select, report, import, export active print service on a system SYNOPSIS
print-service [-s service [-m] | -q | -e file | -i file] DESCRIPTION
The print-service utility manages print service selection, as well as export and import of basic print queue configuration. Only a user root privileges or with the Printer Management profile can change the active print service or import print queue configuration. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s service Select the active print service for on a host. service can be one of lp or cups. -m Migrate print queue configuration during print service selection. -q Report the active print service on a host. -e file Export basic print queue configuration to a file. -i file Import basic print queue configuration from a file. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Selecting a Print Service The following command selects the CUPS print service as the active print service on a host. # print-service -s cups Example 2 Reporting the Active Print Service The following command reports the active print service on a host. # print-service -q Example 3 Exporting a Print Queue Configuration The following command exports the print queue configuration from the active print service. # print-service -e /tmp/queues Example 4 Importing a Print Queue Configuration The following command imports the print queue configuration to the active print service. # print-service -i /tmp/queues EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The print queue configuration saved and restored during export, import, and migration is limited to queue name and device name. It is likely that further configuration changes will be required before imported or migrated print queues become usable. SunOS 5.11 18 Mar 2008 print-service(1M)