Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX The result of Jan 01 (1970) by last command Post 302748005 by rbatte1 on Monday 24th of December 2012 05:14:21 AM
Old 12-24-2012
You could always use lsuser for each user in turn (cut the first column from /etc/passwd) and extract the time_last_login value from that.

It is time in seconds since the epoch, so convert that to real time. If the value is zero (i.e. never logged on) you will generate the date/time 1/1/1970 00:00.

The conversion I use (that I found on here) is:-
Code:
perl -e 'print scalar localtime $ARGV[0],"\n" ' $1

I pass in the large number of seconds as a parameter, so if you call it realtime you get the following:-
Code:
RBATTE1> ./realtime  1234567890
Fri Feb 13 23:31:30 2009
RBATTE1>

I hope that this helps.

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

days since 1970

How can I get the syatem to give me the days since 1970 (as seen in the shadow file)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

FTP command result

Hi there! I've used the ftp command to transfert datas between two linux box. The answer of this command, was: It strange because the transfert was complete and it brings two messages, the first is successful from PORT command and the second is an error from EPRT command! So, It seems that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nymus7
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date to second since 1970

Hello, I have found a piece of code which converts seconds elapsed since 1970 for an input date. Can anyone please explain a little bit the code below: #!/bin/bash # function to reproduce UNIX time() value second() { set -- $(TZ=GMT date '+%Y %m %d') local y=$1 m=1$2 d=1$3 ((m-=103,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing a non-result of a command

The following pseudo-code should be clear to what I am trying to achieve: if ; then kldload linux echo 'linux_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf fi What is the proper syntax or operator for the test? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use the result from a command in SED

Hi all, this is my first post so go gentle. My goal is to use SED to add data to the end of lines in a file, then send the results to standard output. However, I want to add the result of another command to the end of the lines. Basically: sed 's/$/ insert command stuff here/' file.txtHere... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmith_4242
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i compare two dates with format Jan 01, 2012 and Jan 00 2012

I need to be able to compare dates in the format of Jan 10, 2012 and Jan 10 2012. (Notice one has a comma). Then I need to find the date that is 7 days before those dates if they are equal. How can I do this in Bash. Thank ahead (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ojthejuice
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Linux script to convert timestamps older than 1.1.1970 to 1.1.1980

I am having problems because some of my files have timestamps that are earlier that 1.1.1970, the Unix start of time convention. So I would like to write a script that finds all files in home folder and subfolders with timestamps earlier than 1.1.1970 and converts them to 1.1.1980. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: francus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep result from dd command

Hi, I am running following command in a bash script for testing IO and use grep to get throughput number, but it did not work, it displayed everything: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync | grep bytes | awk '{print $7}' 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 536870912 bytes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)