Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux OEL 6.3 install disc not booting Post 302745501 by jlliagre on Monday 17th of December 2012 10:45:06 AM
Old 12-17-2012
What is the checksum and precise size of the 6.3 file you downloaded ?
Is it named V33411-01.iso ?
Is your hardware 64 bit ?
Did you try loading and booting on the 198 MB boot image iso instead (V33412-01.iso) ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Not able to redirect pvscan output on OEL

Hi, I'm not able to redirect output of pvscan and vgscan commands to a file in Oracle Enterprise Linux. Please suggest something. Thanks Mayank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: discover
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In OEL, Not able to redirect pvscan output

hi, In Oracle Enterprise Linux I'm not able to redirect output of commands pvscan and vgscan into a file. File is coming blank Please suggest something Thanx. --duplicate post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: discover
0 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to configure network interface card in OEL.

Hi I have installed OEL 4 on my dell XPS laptop. But when i connect the LAN cable and try to acesss internet. it does not work. the led's in the port do not blink when i plug in the cable .do i need some drivers please suggest. Thanks Ankur (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OEL 6.3 :Slow login due to /etc/ssh/sshd_config configuration

Version: Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3 Running on VMWare Workstation When I login to my Linux VM from putty, the third line prompting for password comes only after few seconds. login as: root Access denied root@192.168.0.235's password: ---> It takes around 5 seconds to get this prompt I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

7. Linux

Configure ntp server and Linux in oel 5.9

i want to configure machine1 as ntp server. this machine has oel 5.9 64 bit installed and this machine is not connected to internet neither there is any ntp server. there is another machine2 and i want to configure that as ntp client. plz do tell me that what lines do i add in /etc/ntp.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

HPRC 700 Integrated driver update on oel 4.8 32bit

Hi All, I am getting the below error while trying to update the megaraid driver on OEL 4.8 32bit. Please help. rpm -ivh megaraid_sas-v00.00.04.29-1.noarch.rpm dkms-2.0.22.0-1.noarch.rpm Preparing... ########################################### 1:dkms ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies
QUOTA(2)							System Calls Manual							  QUOTA(2)

NAME
quota - manipulate disk quotas SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/quota.h> quota(cmd, uid, arg, addr) int cmd, uid, arg; char *addr; DESCRIPTION
The quota call manipulates disk quotas for file systems that have had quotas enabled with setquota(2). The cmd parameter indicates a com- mand to be applied to the user ID uid. Arg is a command specific argument and addr is the address of an optional, command specific, data structure that is copied in or out of the system. The interpretation of arg and addr is given with each command below. Q_SETDLIM Set disc quota limits and current usage for the user with ID uid. Arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system. Addr is a pointer to a struct dqblk structure (defined in <sys/quota.h>). This call is restricted to the super-user. Q_GETDLIM Get disc quota limits and current usage for the user with ID uid. The remaining parameters are as for Q_SETDLIM. Q_SETDUSE Set disc usage limits for the user with ID uid. Arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system. Addr is a pointer to a struct dqusage structure (defined in <sys/quota.h>). This call is restricted to the super-user. Q_SYNC Update the on-disc copy of quota usages. Arg is a major-minor device indicating the file system to be sync'ed. If the arg parame- ter is specified as NODEV, all file systems that have disc quotas will be sync'ed. The uid and addr parameters are ignored. Q_SETUID Change the calling process's quota limits to those of the user with ID uid. The arg and addr parameters are ignored. This call is restricted to the super-user. Q_SETWARN Alter the disc usage warning limits for the user with ID uid. Arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system. Addr is a pointer to a struct dqwarn structure (defined in <sys/quota.h>). This call is restricted to the super-user. Q_DOWARN Warn the user with user ID uid about excessive disc usage. This call causes the system to check its current disc usage information and print a message on the terminal of the caller for each file system on which the user is over quota. If the user is under quota, his warning count is reset to MAX_*_WARN (defined in <sys/quota.h>). If the arg parameter is specified as NODEV, all file systems that have disc quotas will be checked. Otherwise, arg indicates a specific major-minor device to be checked. This call is restricted to the super-user. RETURN VALUE
A successful call returns 0, otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno indicates the reason for the failure. ERRORS
A quota call will fail when one of the following occurs: [EINVAL] The kernel has not been compiled with the QUOTA option. [EINVAL] Cmd is invalid. [ESRCH] No disc quota is found for the indicated user. [EPERM] The call is priviledged and the caller was not the super-user. [ENODEV] The arg parameter is being interpreted as a major-minor device and it indicates an unmounted file system. [EFAULT] An invalid addr is supplied; the associated structure could not be copied in or out of the kernel. [EUSERS] The quota table is full. SEE ALSO
setquota(2), quotaon(8), quotacheck(8) BUGS
There should be some way to integrate this call with the resource limit interface provided by setrlimit(2) and getrlimit(2). The Australian spelling of disk is used throughout the quota facilities in honor of the implementors. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1986 QUOTA(2)