Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xlib help - Array of Structs
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Xlib help - Array of Structs Post 302744463 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of December 2012 10:47:59 AM
Old 12-14-2012
Thank you for completely answering the homework template.

Please use code tags, like [code] stuff [/code] to post code. This preserves indentation in your code, makes it clear where code begins and ends, and prevents random things from turning into smilies.

I see a typo in some of your code. dimy vs dimY. Except for that, your 'assign by value' code actually worked -- so I suspect there's something else wrong in code you didn't post. Please post your complete program.

Also, the only time you can assign whole blocks of memory with { ... } is when the variable is being declared -- so you could do this:

Code:
typedef struct _blocks {
    int X, Y ,dimX, dimY;
} str_blocks;

int main()
{
        str_blocks blocks[3]={
                {50, 50, 150, 20},
                {200, 50, 150, 20},
                {300, 150, 150, 20},
        };

}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pipes + structs

heya got a small problem here. im trying to pipe eg: 'ls | more'. i have created a command line parser which separates ls and more into two commands. i have also created a struct, each struct has a command name, number of arguments, redirect_in, redirect_out, pipe_in, etc etc.... eg: struct... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

4. Programming

problems with drawing in x using xlib

Hi all, I'm currently learning xlib and I've encountered a bizarre mistake: function calls such as XDrawPoint, XDrawLine, etc., don't seem to work; a blank window with nothing in is appears. I believe this has something to do with the window manager I use, fluxbox. After checking the code and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydronium
0 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xlib Errors

Hi, I am handling user issues in my team. Users have their Unix session running on Citrix MFU. Recently, I was suppose to address a user issue which is as below: Gets the below error when tries to open nedit: Xlib: connection to ":165.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mspatil0037
1 Replies

7. Programming

[solved]help passing array of structs to function in c

this is my code to try and prinnt out a deck of cards. the print function worked when used inside main without being a function but now i cant get it to work as a function probably since i dont know how to pass a struct array in c. I gave it a shot but i keep getting an assortment of errors. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib and keyboard events

1. If there's some better place where xlib experts hang out, please tell me. Despite an assiduous search, I could not find an xlib reflector. 2. My actual question: In an xterm, I want to grab and process all keyboard events in a program running inside the xterm. For example, with my program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
5 Replies

9. Programming

Xlib help - Array of Structs

Hey guys! First of all english is not my main language so sorry for any english mistakes. Second im a total beginner in programming, still i have a school work to do and i found a problem. Probably something easy to solve but it's driving me crazy. So i created a struct, that holds 4 ints: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spiritvs
1 Replies

10. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies
british-english-small(5)					   Users' Manual					  british-english-small(5)

NAME
british-english-small - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/british-english-small is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 british-english-small(5)