Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to couple 2 script in 1?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to couple 2 script in 1? Post 302739127 by Corona688 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 03:06:11 PM
Old 12-03-2012
What have you tried?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

A couple of grub questions.

1) After I install a new kernel in Debian Sarge, it updates my menu.lst file for grub, but incorrectly. It assumes it should boot from partition hd0,0, but this is incorrect. How do I change this faulty assumption? 2) If grub fails to find a kernel, grub allows me to enter a path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need couple of ksh tricks please

1) I ran myScript with 2 arguments, I meant to use 3 if I do r my, it will rerun it with the 2 arguments. is there a way I can do r my and add a third argument at the end? 2) say I did myAcript.ksh 2 5 7 8 I realise my typo. is there an easy way to redo the command replacing A with S? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Couple of questions.

Right now I am a Microfocus COBOL programmer, working on a HP-UX system. I want to now get Certified as a HP Certified Systems Administrator. I ordered a book from amazon and will start with it. I also will be working at my job with someone who applies the patches and things as we do NOT have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie21
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Couple logadm questions

My logadm.conf is below. Is there a way to match a log file that appends the time/date stamp after the log file? Also, a 0 is being appended onto the files I'm compressing and having rotated. Is there a way to fix that? /var/apache/tomcat55/logs/catalina.out -C 30 -P 'Fri Jun 18 16:48:55... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A couple issues

Hello, I have a couple questions. First of all, I'm trying to use the wc command on the /etc/passwd file to find out the total amount of users but I am unsuccesful. I figured since users each have their own line in the passwd file that i could have it count the number of lines and then return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Simonpalmieri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies
bup-restore(1)						      General Commands Manual						    bup-restore(1)

NAME
bup-restore - extract files from a backup set SYNOPSIS
bup restore [--outdir=outdir] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
bup restore extracts files from a backup set (created with bup-save(1)) to the local filesystem. The specified paths are of the form /branch/revision/path/to/file. The components of the path are as follows: branch the name of the backup set to restore from; this corresponds to the --name (-n) option to bup save. revision the revision of the backup set to restore. The revision latest is always the most recent backup on the given branch. You can dis- cover other revisions using bup ls /branch. /path/to/file the original absolute filesystem path to the file you want to restore. For example, /etc/passwd. Note: if the /path/to/file is a directory, bup restore will restore that directory as well as recursively restoring all its contents. If /path/to/file is a directory ending in a slash (ie. /path/to/dir/), bup restore will restore the children of that directory directly to the current directory (or the --outdir). If the directory does not end in a slash, the children will be restored to a subdirectory of the current directory. See the EXAMPLES section to see how this works. OPTIONS
-C, --outdir=outdir create and change to directory outdir before extracting the files. -v, --verbose increase log output. Given once, prints every directory as it is restored; given twice, prints every file and directory. -q, --quiet don't show the progress meter. Normally, is stderr is a tty, a progress display is printed that shows the total number of files restored. EXAMPLE
Create a simple test backup set: $ bup index -u /etc $ bup save -n mybackup /etc/passwd /etc/profile Restore just one file: $ bup restore /mybackup/latest/etc/passwd Restoring: 1, done. $ ls -l passwd -rw-r--r-- 1 apenwarr apenwarr 1478 2010-09-08 03:06 passwd Restore the whole directory (no trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test1 /mybackup/latest/etc Restoring: 3, done. $ find test1 test1 test1/etc test1/etc/passwd test1/etc/profile Restore the whole directory (trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test2 /mybackup/latest/etc/ Restoring: 2, done. $ find test2 test2 test2/passwd test2/profile SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-restore(1)