Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines Post 302738471 by bala06 on Saturday 1st of December 2012 01:11:19 PM
Old 12-01-2012
Hi don

I added the lines

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
echo $/home/Balaji/electrostatics
type eon

for file in shape_eon_input_[1-9].oeb.gz shape_eon_input_[1-9][[0-9].oeb.gz shape_eon_input_[1-9][0-9][0-9].oeb.gz
do      seq=${file##*_}
        seq=${seq%%.*}
        eon -dbase $file -besthits 47500 -prefix Eon-seq
done

and I tried running the command eon_run.sh, it shows error as

Code:
bash: eon_run.sh.: coomand not found

Kindly advice.

Many Thanks
Balaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
I repeat: Type those two commands into your shell. And, add them as new lines in eon-run.sh after the line #!/bin/ksh and rerun eon-run.sh.
Compare the results of running those commands in your shell and running those commands in eon-run.sh. (Or just post the output from your shell when you run those commands and post the output from eon-run.sh when you rerun it.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run awk command having multiple lines

Hi, Can u see the code below. set xyz = `cat testt1.txt | awk '/-----/{\ print $1 }\ ' | tail -1` I need to execute it in c shell . What is wrong with the above command. When i write everything on a single line then it is working. Can anybody help me . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Logform Command in a script

Hi all I am trying to create a script to automate the creating of filesystems. The problem I am having is as follows:- After creating the Log Logical Volume, I want to format it, using the logform command. The Logform command expects user intervention, by typing 'y' and 'enter' to continue.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating 'newgrp' command - how?

Hi, I have to add the 'newgrp' command to my login (.cshrc) script. The problem is that if I add it, it comes to infinite look, since newgrp opens new shell again and again. How to automate the newgrp when I have to login, and avoid that loop? Currently I'm thinking of a condition that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshmosh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command to duplicate lines in a file?

Hi, I have a file with date in it like: UserString1 UserString2 UserString3 UserString4 UserString5 I need two entries for each line so it reads like UserString1 UserString1 UserString2 UserString2 etc. Can someone help me with the awk command please? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with automating SFTP command

Hi All, I am currently looking at automating the steps that I follow to download log files from putty to desktop. I connect to a client's machine through citrix desktop. I am required to download quite a number of application logs to identfiy the issues in production. Steps that is being... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfaloney
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the command to remove duplicate lines in my awk script?

I create a CGI in bash/html. My awk script looks like : echo "<table>" for fn in /var/www/cgi-bin/LPAR_MAP/*; do echo "<td>" echo "<PRE>" awk -F',|;' -v test="$test" ' NR==1 { split(FILENAME ,a,""); } $0 ~ test { if(!header++){ ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
12 Replies
SOCKS_CLIENTS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  SOCKS_CLIENTS(1)

NAME
rfinger - SOCKS client version of finger rftp - SOCKS client version of ftp rtelnet - SOCKS client version of telnet rwhois - SOCKS client version of whois SYNOPSIS
See the man pages on finger(1), ftp(1), telnet(1), whois(1). DESCRIPTION
These programs provide the well-known functionalities to hosts within a firewall. Normally, when a firewall is constructed, IP-accessibil- ity across the firewall is cut off to reduce security risk to hosts within the firewall. As a result, inside hosts can no longer use many of the well-known tools directly to access the resources outside the firewall. These programs restore the convenience of the well-known tools while maintaining the security requirement. Though the programs differ very much from their counterparts in the use of the communication scheme, they should behave almost indistinguishable to the users. Note though that rftp does echo the password as you type it in if you are using anonymous as log-in name. Unlike those of the previous versions, these are "versatile" clients, meaning that they can be used for connections to inside hosts directly and to outside hosts via SOCKS proxy servers. So they can be used as replacements of their traditional counterparts. When any of these programs starts, if the environment variable SOCKS_BANNER is defined, the program prints to stderr its version number and the name or IP address of its default SOCKS proxy server. It then consults the configuration file to determine whether a request should be allowed or denied based on the requesting user, the destination host, and the requested service. For allowable requests, the configuration file also dictates whether direct or proxy connection should be used to the given destination, and optionally the actual SOCKS servers to use for the proxy connection. The program lookps first for the frozen configuration file /etc/socks.fc first. If that's not found, it then looks for the file /etc/socks.conf. If both files are absent, these programs will only try direct connections to the destination hosts, making them behaving like their regular counterparts. You can use environment variable SOCKS_NS to set the nameserver for domainname resolutions. Be sure you use the IP address of the name- server you want to use, not its domainname. If SOCKS_NS doesn't exist, the IP address defined by the symbol SOCKS_DEFAULT_NS at compile time is used if the programs were compiled with that symbol defined. Otherwise the nameservers specified in /etc/resolv.conf are used. All the client programs uses syslog with facility daemon and level notice to log their activities. These log lines usually appear in file /var/adm/messages though that can be changed by modifying /etc/syslog.conf. (See syslogd(8) and syslog.conf(5).) Typical lines look like Apr 11 10:02:23 eon rfinger[631]: connect() from don(don) to abc.com (finger) using sockd at socksserv May 10 08:39:07 eon rftp[603]: connect() directly from blue(blue) to xyz.edu (ftp) May 10 08:39:09 eon rftp[603]: bind() directly from blue(blue) for xyz.edu (ftp) May 18 13:31:19 eon rtelnet[830]: connect() from root(jon) to xyz.edu (telnet) using sockd at sockd2 May 18 14:51:19 eon rtelnet[921]: refused -- connect() from jon(jon) to xyz.edu (telnet) Of the two user-ids appearing in each log line, the first is the effective user-id when the program is invoked, the second (that within the parentheses) is the one used at login. Access control applies to the effective user-ids. SEE ALSO
finger(1), ftp(1), sockd(8), sockd.conf(5), socks.conf(5), telnet(1), whois(1) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS_SERVER, if defined, specifies the name or IP address of the SOCKS proxy server host to use, overriding the default server compiled into the programs. SOCKS_NS, if defined, specify the IP address of the domain nameserver that should be used for name resolution, overriding both the defini- tion of symbol SOCKS_DEFAULT_NS and the file /etc/resolv.conf. ORIG_FINGER, if defined, specified the (altered) full pathname of the original finger program, which should have been renamed before installing the rfinger as the regular finger. The rfinger program invokes the original finger program to lookup information on local users. Normally this name should be compiled directly into rfinger, avoiding the need for this environment variable. Use ORIG_FINGER only if you want to override what is compiled into rfinger. AUTHOR
David Koblas, koblas@netcom.com Ying-Da Lee, ylee@syl.dl.nec.com May 6, 1996 SOCKS_CLIENTS(1)