Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details Post 302734327 by baddy on Thursday 22nd of November 2012 01:15:44 AM
Old 11-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
use the ILOM to collect this data... before doing, you should install the latest FW. you'll get almost all you need from ILOM without the cards in the PCI slots but this can be seen from prtdiag output. the newest version of ILOM 3.1x (which isn't available for T series (yet?) will also show cards inside the machines PCI slots.
Thank you! How do I access the ILOM? Should I have root account? Please let me know the procedure.

When I login using non-root user it just shows the standard unix shell. I did not try with root as I don't have access as of now.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX

Hi All, Please let me know the list of commands, that can give me the list of hardwares available on the HP-UX Box. I'm using HP-UX B.11.00. I would like to know the list of HBA's, PCIMCA Cards etc., attached to the system. And also, which device files point to which Hardware. more &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun server hardware questions

I have no experience with sun servers but for fun and experience I would like to buy a low-end server and play with things. I have a few questions that maybe some of you who use these things will be able to answer: - I believe they are also called PCI slots in the sun server, but are they the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Utilities/Scipts to Inventory Hardware and Software

Hi All, I am looking for a way to inventory the hardware and software components of many Solaris 8 servers/workstations. I would like to script this to run against a list of IP's in a text file. For Windows there are many such programs available (like Belarc) Is there anything similar for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: limey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Inventory details - Solaris

i need to extract following information through command line on solaris machine : 1.manufacturer name (hardware as well as OS) 2.Model number 3.Serial number - Serial Number of the device or the Physical device serial number for Virtual Servers 4.whether the server is physical or virtual -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server inventory software

Hi, do you know any good server inventory open source products? I want information like, server hostnames, ram, cpu, os, filesystems, volume groups, disks, adapters, installed software versions, firmware levels and so on os: aix, solaris, linux, hpux data should be kept in a database, web... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
7 Replies
newinv(1)						      General Commands Manual							 newinv(1)

Name
       newinv - update distribution kit master inventory

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/newinv mi-file input-path

Description
       The  command  interactively maintains the master inventory files used for producing distributions in format. The program updates the master
       inventory for a product when changes are made to the hierarchy of files which are to be packaged in the subsets which constitute the  prod-
       uct.

The  product  hierarchy	is  scanned to produce a list of component path names relative to input-path.  The list of path names is processed
       against the mi-file to produce a list of those files which have been removed from the product hierarchy and a list  of  those  files  which
       have been added.

The  user is then given an opportunity to intervene and direct the inventory maintenance by editing these lists.  The user is placed in the
       editor with each list available for editing.  The editor used is the one specified by the EDITOR environment variable.  If  EDITOR  is  not
       set,  is  used.	 When editing the list of files which have been removed from the product, the user is expected to verify that the removals
       were intentional, and confirm the intent by removing the associated record from the file. When editing the list of files  which	have  been
       added to the product, the user is expected to provide flags and subset information for each new file, transforming the elements of the list
       into master inventory records.

Both of these lists are merged with the records for the files which have not been changed to produce a new copy	of  the  master  inventory
       file.

Arguments
       mi-file	      The  pathname of the master inventory file to be processed. If no master inventory file exists, you must create an empty one
		      before using the command.

input-path     The name of the product hierarchy to be scanned for files belonging in the inventory. All files and directories found  below
		      the input-path will be processed as belonging in the inventory.

Restrictions
       The default text editor if not specified in $EDITOR is

Files  in the product hierarchy cannot be excluded from the master inventory. Files can be blocked from being kitted in the final distribu-
       tion kit by setting the subset field of the master inventory record to NOSHIP.

Examples
       To update the master inventory file ULT400.mi from the hierarchy beginning at /var/kits/input, type:
	   newinv ULT400.mi /var/kits/input

Diagnostics
       newinv: where is mi-file?
       The mi-file specified on the command line cannot be found.

input-path: bad directory.
       The input-path directory specified on the command line does not exist.

Files
       Backup copy of master inventory

The list of files missing from the product.

The list of files new to the product.

Intermediate join file.

List of all files in the product.

See Also
       kits(1), vi(1), stl_mi(5), environ(7), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

newinv(1)