Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Remote Script command logging question Post 302732111 by kneemoe on Friday 16th of November 2012 03:42:52 PM
Old 11-16-2012
Thanks for the input. I'm doing this all as root.

As for the second part of my post, I ended up putting most of the script in one file that's now being called by a much shorter script that will tee the output to a log file. Its not elegant, but it does what I need it to as far as the logging goes.
Thanks Corona, looks like I've got some more reading to do Smilie

Much appreciated!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay when logging in remote

Hello again! When I log in to my computer (Ultra 5 running Solaris 8) from a pc (FTP or Telnet) I have to wait forever (about 30 seconds) before I can log in. Is this some kind of security thing? Can I turn it of? How? Anders (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging to remote server

Hi, I want to log-in to a remote server using shell script. The server requires the following while allowing a connection: username password one - letter authorisation. How can i implement this in my script? thanks, abey (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to execute command on the Sorias from the remote.

Hi, all please help me this time@@! I want to execute the shell on the server from the remote. How can I do that and save the return code in the variable? I want to execute the script on the ten servers at the same time... I'd like to find a fast method to solve it! Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with logging into remote host

Hi All, I am using a script for remotely logging into a rhost using telnet and shutdown a server. The script is as follows. IP = 10.24.12.23; export IP UNAME = username ; export UNAME PWD = password; export PWD CRDIR = /etc/rc.d/init.d ; export CRDIR echo "logging into remote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patil_reddy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging Remote SSH command (cannot log a java output)

Hi all I'm creating a script that runs a few commands on some boxes and everything can be logged EXCEPT the java -version command, there doesn't seem to be any output... Can anyone help explain why this does not work? Do I need to do something extra to append the output from the java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Logging remote telnet sessions via script

Hi, My requirement - for security purpose - I want all root logins to my solaris servers are done by a script kept in a separate unix box. This script will telnet into remote solaris server with root user and log every session via log file. Now my purpose is to log every telnet session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_jain250
3 Replies

7. SCO

sco remote logging problem

Hello, I am trying to write log from sco box to a remote host. We already have that setting working for linux server using syslog. With this setting(on LINUX) *.* @remote-host for sco I have this *.debug /usr/adm/syslog *.* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polestar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing scipts after logging into a remote host using shell script

Hi All, Sorry if it is a duplicate post. I have not got any reference about this anywhere. I looked at the posts described in SSH - Passing Unix login passwords through shell scripts - Linux / UNIX Forum and it helped me till the point to connect to the host and executing the basic commands.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
qterm(8B)								PBS								 qterm(8B)

NAME
qterm - terminate processing by a PBS batch server SYNOPSIS
qterm [-t type] [server...] DESCRIPTION
The qterm command terminates a PBS batch server. When a server receives a terminate command, the server will go into a terminating state. While in this state, the server will not allow new jobs to be started or enqueued. By default, qterm will request a "quick" shutdown of the PBS server. Other ways of shutting down the server (specified with the -t argument), and their impact on running jobs, are described below. The qterm command will not exit until the server has completed its shutdown procedure. In order to execute qterm, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-t type Specifies the type of shut down. The types are: immediate All running jobs are to immediately stop execution. If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If checkpoint is not supported or the job cannot be checkpointed, running jobs are requeued if the rerunable attribute is true. Otherwise, jobs are killed. Normally the server will not shutdown until there are no jobs in the running state. If the server is unable to contact the MOM of running job, the job is still listed as running. The server may be forced down by a second qterm -t immediate command. delay If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If a job cannot be checkpointed, but can be rerun, the job is terminated and requeued. Otherwise, running jobs are allowed to continue to run. Note, the operator or administrator may use the qrerun and qdel commands to remove run- ning jobs. quick This option is used when you wish that running jobs be left running when the server shuts down. The server will cleanly shutdown and can be restarted when desired. Upon restart of the server, jobs that continue to run are shown as running; jobs that terminated during the server's absence will be placed into the exiting state. OPERANDS
The server operand specifies which servers are to shutdown. If no servers are given, then the default server will be terminated. STANDARD ERROR
The qterm command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qterm command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qterm command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qmgr(1B), pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), and pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local qterm(8B)