Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gawk - to extract values from multi lined file Post 302729843 by radoulov on Sunday 11th of November 2012 12:22:06 PM
Old 11-11-2012
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  print "name", "fallback_ip", "member", "member" 
  }
/^ *(name|fallback_ip|member)/ {
  data[++i] = $2
  }
/^}/ {
  for (j = 0; ++j <= i;)
    printf "%s", (data[j] (j < i ? OFS : ORS))
  i = 0
  }' infile

If you want to remove the double quotes:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  print "name", "fallback_ip", "member", "member" 
  }
/^ *(name|fallback_ip|member)/ {
  $2 ~ /^"/ && $2 = substr($2, 2, length($2) - 2)
  data[++i] = $2
  }
/^}/ {
  for (j = 0; ++j <= i;)
    printf "%s", (data[j] (j < i ? OFS : ORS))
  i = 0
  }' infile

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from log file

I would like to write a shell script that will parse through a file similar to the sample below. The data in the file is redirected from rsync into a log file. I would like to call a shell script to parse through and pick out the number beside the percent sign inside the parentheses in the last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wdympcf
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract specific values twice in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with the following values.. xyz.txt,12345.xml abc.txt,04567.xml cde.txt,12134.xml I would like to extract all the 2nd column values twice as shown in the example like 12345,12345.xml 04567,04567.xml 12134,12134.xml Please advice!! In the formus one of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Unique Values from file

Hello all, I have a file with following sample data 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26 05:32:01.65 spid5 Process ID 86:214 owns resources that are blocking processes on Scheduler 0. 2009-08-26... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting multi-column values from a specific file

Hi, all. I need a shell script which gathers data from a remote XML file and then displays it according to my needs.. I need this for my job due to the fact that I need to keep track price changes of euro, usd, gold, etc. The XML file I am talking about is located at this page: cnnturk dot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: canimsin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk - to extract values from multi lined file -I

Hi, Request your help in getting help with the below text formatting using awk. I am still learning awk and your help here is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Desireoutput ---------------- Virtual Pool Destination Profile Profile Profile Profile 1. virtual-1 pool-1 212.254.110.174:https... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from multi lined url source

Hello, I want extract multi values from multi url source to a csv text. Thank you very much for help. my curl code : curl "http://www.web.com/cities//city.html Source code: div class="clear"></div> <table class="listing-details"> <tr> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and extract values from one file and update other

Gents, Kindly can you help me to update a file extracting the data from other file. I have: file1 The key in this file is substr($0,4,21), and I need to update the columns 6 and 7 using the information for file2. S 21133.00 21535.00 1 0 919088.8 1843754.5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick and easy way to comment out multi lined print statements

Is there a quick and easy way to comment out multi lined print statements? something like this? printf("3408 strings_line_tokens %s \n", strings_line_tokens); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)