Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected Post 302724477 by saurabh84g on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 03:57:45 PM
Old 10-31-2012
PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected

From the nessus scanner tool report i got below vulnerability
PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected

http://www.tenable.com/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=56208

As per the description given in above link - I am not able to understand

How to find insecure port or services.

OS - RHEL 5.0

Any one has any idea??

we have to remove the vulnerability before the audit happens

any help would be appreciated!!

Last edited by saurabh84g; 10-31-2012 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: remove extra line

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

More command insecure

The more command allows a user to invoke shell. If it is run using the sudo command this will give a user a possibility to run whatever he wants with root's privilegies. Does anybody know about a command with the same abilities that more but without escape to shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odashe
2 Replies

2. AIX

Can I use Any DSS Tape in My Drive ?

Can I use Any DDS Tape in My Drive ? drive model : IBM-C568303030!D Part number : 19P0798 Can I use DDS1,DDS2,DDS3,DDS5 ? OR Only tape DDS4 can work on this Tape Drive what type DDS compatibilities with this drive ? How do I know? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Looking for PCI Compliance tool for Redhat Lix.

Hi i am in new to Linux world . I have been assigned to a project to find out a tool that will fulfill the PCI compliance for Linux servers for Audit process. anyone have any recommendation on that. Do Rad hat have any native application or plug-ins which we can use for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasuman
1 Replies

4. Linux

Sata sil_3132 on pci express is not getting detected in Linux on powerpc

Hi, I am using Aitech sata device sil3132, on powerpc mpc8641. The device is pci express msi compatible. I had enabled msi in device tree for powerpc but still its giving me Cannot translate IRQ index 0 and so on messages. fsl-msi f7f41600.msi: fsl_msi_setup_hwirq: Cannot translate IRQ index 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubha_1
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

POSIX compliance...

Thanks to all you guys about posix compliance I have learnt an enormous amount over the last few days. I have written a program that is an Egg Timer with simple animation. I now realise how sophisticated 'bash' is compared to full posix compliance. The code below has passed all of the tests from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
JMIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  JMIDE(4)

NAME
jmide -- JMicron Technology JMB36x PCIe to SATA II/PATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
jmide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 ahcisata* at jmide? DESCRIPTION
The jmide driver supports the JMicron Technology JMB36x IDE controllers. These PCI-e controllers exist in different flavors (1 or 2 PATA Ultra/133 ports and/or 1 or 2 SATA-II ports), and are highly flexible. The SATA ports can be attached to the integrated AHCI controller or attached to the PCI IDE channels in PATA emulation, in either single-drive emulation on each PCI IDE channels, or in master/slave emulation on one of the PCI IDE channels. When enabled, the AHCI controller can either be on the PCI function 0 or function 2. The PCI IDE controller can also be on either PCI func- tion, and can share the PCI function with AHCI. The jmide driver supports both the AHCI controller and PCI IDE controller in various config- urations. SEE ALSO
ahcisata(4), ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) AUTHORS
The jmide driver was written by Manuel Bouyer. BSD
July 2, 2007 BSD