Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Hurricane Sandy Interactive Map (NYTIMES) Post 302723001 by Neo on Monday 29th of October 2012 07:51:22 AM
Old 10-29-2012
Hurricane Sandy Interactive Map (NYTIMES)

Here's a great interactive map for Hurricane Sandy from the New York Times:

Good luck to our friends in the New York area!
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix map?

There is a "Map"? of Unix and all its varients somewhere on the net. I used to have the link , but can't find it now. Anyone out there have a clue???? A good magician never reveals his secret; the unbelievable trick becomes simple and obvious once it is explained. So too with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bodhi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map comparsion

Hi all I have to compare maps/files on two seperate boxes and the output must be as following: 1)list the maps/file on box1 2)list the maps/file on box2 3)List maps in both the environments a) which are same b)which are different pls any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. Programming

STL map

Hi there, I am using the STL map and I print the map using: map <string, float> ngram_token_index ; map <string, float>::iterator map_iter ; //read the map ... // print the map for ( map_iter = ngram_token_index.begin() ; map_iter != ngram_token_index.end() ; map_iter++ ) cout << ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Vi map command

Hi, I'm trying to map a vi editor key to some commands. I'm using HP-UX 11.11. the command looks like map ~cmnt o * Suman Satpathy : <Esc> :r! date "\%d\%m\%y" <Esc> j$J basically my idea is to map a shortcut for my commentlines. but when I run the shortcut it inserts the line as below *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumansatpathy
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

7. SuSE

Map AIX share

I need some assistance creating a mount to a share on an AIX system on a SuSe Linux box. I haven't had any luck using the Connect to Server option within the gui, so I am assuming I need to use the 'mount' command but need some assitance with the syntax if this is the right way to go. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesis211
2 Replies

8. Programming

Map Question C++

Hello All, I am having an issue of putting a Boolean value in the maps as the 3rd parameter. Something like the following : int value; std::map<String str, int x, bool bl> where bool returns false if x>value else true. All I see in the map examples is that I can add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)