Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a cron job to take an uploaded filename and move it? Post 302722467 by os2mac on Saturday 27th of October 2012 09:45:24 AM
Old 10-27-2012
Do you understand how to set the cron to run that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create cron job automatically?

How do I write a perl script to get the cron jobs? I could do a perl -e ' system "crontab -l > jobs.txt " '; Is there a better way? Then I can use perl to make changes to jobs.txt. How can I submit the changes. I suppose I could use system "crontab jobs.txt", is there a better way? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to create a cron job and run in quality system

Hi Experts, I'm a SAP Basis, I have a small doubt would request you please help on this... 1. I wold like to copy files from one system to another system? as per my knowledge "we have to mount the prod filesystem on the quality box and do a copy every day thru crontab script, or do it via... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahantysk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a chmod cron job help please

hi all, I'm so embarrasingly new; apologies. So here's my dilemma; files are being uploaded to the server via a php script... this is therefore assigning ownership to 'nobody' rather than the account 'user'. It's screwing with the permissions and then the owner can't ftp download images... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re : How to create this cron job?

Hello All, Hope this finds you well. I am creating this shell script that will create cron jobs in crontab file. What I am provided with is the start time , intervals and # of trials. Based of Start time ( say 7:15 am ) and interval being 15 minutes, # of trial being 5 , I should create cron... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samshaw
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Im trying to create a FTP Cron Job

Hello, Im fairly new to this and am hoping for your help in moving forward. 1. I need to carry out a FTP transfer from SERVER1 to SERVER2 at 3am every morning. 2. The FTP is to work on SERVER1 3. There will be many files to transfer (96 files per day) 4. I want to delete the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nozerf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job to move file from one directory to another

Hi, I have following directory structure Media (Inside media directory I have two folders namely videos and images) -->videos -->images Inside media directory I have some video files with extension .mp4 and images with extension of .jpg and .jpeg I want to write a cron job which will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tusharkale
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_mumbai
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_mumbai
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to create cron job

Dear Experts, I want to create cronjob with the following steps: 1. go to directory /home/logs/ $cd /home/logs/ 2. copy to /tmp/ the most recent file with "prefix" local_data_ and sufix ".gz" ls -ltr drwxr-xr- 4096 Nov 24 2009 bak drwxr-xr-x 24096 Aug... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxsub
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create cron job without root

Hi there, I need to create a crone job to backup certain files on my disk without root permissions. Also if I will be able to edit cronetab then I need to know how to edit it with any editor other than vim :mad: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
5 Replies
ncftpbatch(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ncftpbatch(1)

NAME
ncftpbatch - Individual batch FTP job processor SYNOPSIS
ncftpbatch -d ncftpbatch -l ncftpbatch -D OPTIONS
Command line flags: -d Begin background processing of FTP jobs in the current user's $HOME/.ncftp/spool directory. This returns immediately, because a daemon process is spawned and ran in the background. -l Lists the contents of the user's job queue. -D This is like -d, except that the process does not become a daemon. DESCRIPTION
This program is responsible for processing background FTP requests. It is normally only run by ncftp and not manually by a human being, however you can run it to manually process the FTP job queue. The jobs are spool files written to a user's $HOME/.ncftp/spool directory and have a special format and file-naming convention (which con- tains when the job is to be run). ncftp runs this program when it needs to, but if the ncftpbatch daemon dies unexpectedly the jobs that are left in the queue will not be processed until another instance of ncftpbatch is run. ncftpget and ncftpput can also be used to submit jobs for batch processing, using those utilities' -b command-line flag. If desired, you can also manually create the spool files although this procedure is not documented here (see the manual page for ncftpspooler for more information on how to do that). DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpbatch writes to its own log file, the $HOME/.ncftp/spool/log file. This file should be examined to determine if any ncftpbatch pro- cesses are actively working on jobs. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (http://www.ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftp(1), ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1). ncftpbatch NcFTP Software ncftpbatch(1)