Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy last third char form string Post 302721843 by rdrtx1 on Friday 26th of October 2012 12:23:07 AM
Old 10-26-2012
again, try:
Code:
awk -F"[ _]" -v w=ABCDEFG '{c=index(w,substr($3,2,1)); print $0,c}' A.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compare Char to String

This is actually a c++ question... Basically I am creating a program that asks for five characters. I have a dictionary file containing tons of words no long than five letters long, on a seperate line. I want to be able to take the five inputted letters and compare them to the words in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
3 Replies

2. Programming

replacing char with string

how we can replace char with a string example char *a="a.s" so finally what i ant to do raplace a with ant and s sree so in my array a i want to store the value as "ant.sree" thank u in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last char from a string

i have a script that reads a plain text file. (its a ksh, and i can use bash also) each line of the file is a fullpath of a file. that makes the list huge. i need to add a functionalitie to that script, i have to be able to add /usr/* or /usr/ and with that reference all the files and folders... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get number char from a string

for example: i hav a string like : /rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log how I can extract my_num=72736? I know I can echo "/rmsprd/arch01/rmsprd/rmsprdarch72736.log" | tr "/" " " | awk '{ print $4 }' to get rmsprdarch72736.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing char string

I am stumped! I need to parse an input parameter to a script that has the form '-Ort'. I basically need 'O', 'r' and 't', i.e. the individual characters in the string parsed. Since there are no delimiters, I don't know how awk could do this. Can someone tell how to do this, this should be a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALTRUNVRSOFLN
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through every char in a string

for example this string: gLZMQp8i Loop become easy if we add space between each char, How to do it? or other solutions are welcome. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

8. Programming

Cast from String to char

Hello, This is my code: i'd like to like to add getenv("MYLIB") in the first case of my buffer inside of '1' , should i do the cast ? and how please ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the # char form a line?

Hi, my file has below details and I want remove the # char from only specific line. #TEST:00:START #TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO #TEST3:03:COMP i.e if want remove the # from 2nd line then file to be updated as #TEST:00:START TEST1:01:INPROCESS #TEST2:02:ABOUTTO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandyrajh
6 Replies

10. Web Development

Php help to copy form field if empty

I have an input form with several fields. What I would like to achieve is to auto populate or copy certain fields if they are empty when the form is submitted. I would like to use php if not then javascript but not jquery if possible - I have sort of had a go but I really have no idea... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)