Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet Post 302721761 by admin_xor on Thursday 25th of October 2012 06:21:28 PM
Old 10-25-2012
Well, you can still make a local yum repository with the RPMs supplied with your installation DVD. You do not need to subscribe for that.
There are lots of articles on how to setup a local yum repo. Just google for it.
Here is a video on YouTube about the same:
How to setup a local YUM repository on RHEL6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat Internet Connectivity

I recently installed RedHat9 on my laptop as a guest OS. My host OS is Windows2000 and I am using VMWare to toggle between two OSs. Any time I try to connect to internet from RedHat environment using Mozilla, internet acces does not work. At the office, after connecting my laptop to our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5

I installed RedHat Server 5 today. I had one problem that was the web page contained Chinese characters could not be shown correctly. What I saw was white squares. How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huyuhui
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server setup on redhat 4 AS4

Please do reply if anyone has done NIS server setup on redhat Please let me know steps to do NIS server configuration on redhat & NIS client configuration on suse (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timus1980
2 Replies

6. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problems with Internet setup

Hi, I am using VMWARE and when I have the network connection set to NAT and the VM set to DHCP I get internet connection. But when I set the connection to BRIDGED and assign a static IP address I loose internet connection. I have used netconfig to manually assign the IP Address, GATEWAY, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection I have run the following steps... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Internet setup on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have setup Solaris 10 OS on my home Sparc (Blade 1500) box. I also setup CDE (Common Desktop Environment). The box has Network card with 6 connections available for Internet, So I hooked up a hard-wired link from my router to the first slot. The light is green on both ends. Now, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
2 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)