Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with grep opening a file Post 302721161 by msabhi on Thursday 25th of October 2012 08:11:19 AM
Old 10-25-2012
Code:
check "grep -h ' 404 ' /home/sathya/SystemOut.log /home/sathya/SystemOut_${DAY}*.log "

"*" is loosing its special value since its inside the double quotes...try a workaround on this...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem opening port 9998

Hi there, I have been trying to open port 9998 on an AIX 5.1 box to no avail. This machine is not connected to the internet and I have only been accessing it locally, so I know it's not a network firewall/proxy issue. I have tried editing /etc/services and inetd.conf, refreshing inetd.conf, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erica057
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem Opening X-Clients in Solaris

Hi, I use hummingbird exceed9.0 to open active X-Server Sessions to Solaris(Sol9 SPARC) machines. I m able to open "Solaris desktops(CDE)" for all Solaris machines except a specific machine. Initially the XDMCP display manager chooser did not display (that) server in the list. I had to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Following problem when opening shell script (Very Urgent)

Hi All, Actually when i am trying to open my shell script file 1.sh then i am getting the following error. > vi 1.sh "/var/tmp/ExdNaarK" No space left on device Can anybody tell me that how to rectify it. It is very urgent. Because i am not able to do any work due to the above error. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

problem opening TCP ports

Please can somebody help me. I'm trying to open ports 999, 1982 and 1983 but am not having much luck. I used iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 999 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 1982 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT iptables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in opening UNIX file in Windows

Hi , I am having file in unix with size (386796649) , below is the output of ls command in UNIX. I have ftp'ed the file to my windows machine . When i tried to open the file it is not opening . Why it is so . Is there is size limit. -rw-rw-rw- 1 p10 pQQ 98473 Sep 17 17:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

6. Programming

Problem in opening a file!

Hello All, I am new to programming in unix. I am trying to create a file by using open command. The entire file is : #include<fcntl.h> main(void){ int fd; fd = open("File1", O_CREAT|O_WRONLY, S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRWXO); printf("%d ", fd); } The problem I am facing a strange problem.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkn_1985
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep on zip file problem

Hi All, I'm stuck with this issue when I try to display the searched string into a compressed file. More exactly when I run this script for f1 in $(find dir1 -type f -print); do gunzip -c $f1 | grep -n "gio" | awk -F":" '{print $1-1 "," $1 "p"}' | xargs -i sed -n {} $f1 ; done returns... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio1234
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with grep from pattern file with if

I have two sets of data accept.txt is the list of 50 words Tom Anne James ... and I have a file01.txt which has the frequency of words which I got it using cat main.file | tr -d '' | tr ' ' '\n' | tr 'A-Z' 'a-z' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r > file01.txt so my file now looks like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xmllint - Xml-file problem --ods file not opening

Dear All, this is my first post on this Forum, glad to be here. I'm trying to fix an .ods file. Yes, I had a backup, but it's also corrupted. When opening the document I get this EM: read error format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,337040(row,col). So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameslast
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to grep contents from a file

hi, I'm trying to grep content from one file in another file. The file that I'm searching into is large and hence I need to temporarily unzip it first. gzip -dc ALL.chr2.phase3_shapeit2_mvncall_integrated_v5a.20130502.genotypes.vcf.gz | grep '169997024\|190670539\|128051369' >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janshamsani
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)