Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script on a list of hosts Post 302715307 by RudiC on Sunday 14th of October 2012 12:19:04 PM
Old 10-14-2012
Adapting pamu's suggestion:
Code:
 awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a[$0]=$0;next} ($2 in a)' host file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem feeding netcat a list of hosts

Hi, I'm having difficulty in making a bash script to get netcat to scan a list of hosts and their ports from another file and could use some help. Here's an example host list, "nc.host": 192.168.2.110 22 And here's the first script I tried to feed "nc.host" into netcat: "nc1.sh" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanovision
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script: nslookup few hosts at once

Hi Expert, Is there anyway for me to nslookup more than one host at one time, instead of doing it one by one. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

5. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List processes that are running on other hosts

Hi: How to list processes from all hosts, as opposed to the one you are working at? "ps ux" appears to list processes of the user on a single host only. Thanks. N.B Phil (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command to be executed for list of hosts

Hi All, Need to run the netstat -i command on the list of hosts and check if "Ierrs" and "Oerrs" has value greaterthan 0. for Ex: below output, driver bge1 and bge3 has Oerrs and Ierrs value > 0, So, script should report saying "Netstat status for $host, driver bge1 has Oerrs = 20, Failed"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/script to list the owners of files

I have to list the files in a directory and along with that, list the owner of each of those files. Can someone please help me with a way to get this info please? Gayathri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)