Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java and Javac problems
Operating Systems Solaris Java and Javac problems Post 302714953 by jlliagre on Saturday 13th of October 2012 09:21:07 AM
Old 10-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
That is an LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue.
What makes you feel it is ?
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset by default under Solaris and should stay that way unless inside specific wrapper scripts.
Quote:
Then in your code script to run your new java code try:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0/:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

This is both incorrect (you are missing a leading slash) and useless (there are no libraries in the jdk1.7.0 directory).

---------- Post updated at 15:06 ---------- Previous update was at 15:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerz
So can anyone point me to the logic behind it all, I mean theres has to be some kind structure yes?
Sure there is a structure.
If you want the jdk1.7 to be your default java environment, just put both of these lines in your .profile or .bash_profile
Code:
PATH=/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.7.0

logout and login again and you are set.

---------- Post updated at 15:21 ---------- Previous update was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Windows is derived from UNIX
Windows has very little in common with Unix and is quite unlikely to include anything derived from Unix code outside some tcp/ip utilities borrowed from BSD.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

piping with javac command

how to i use javac on a file after searching for it? example: find . -name '*.java' -size -24 -links -2 -atime -4 what would happen if "find" found >1 .java files? also, i'm a little confused on the -size property... mix up between -2 and +2... what's the difference? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quipy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

3. Programming

set javac classpath

I have several jar files in a specific folder, but I can't get javac to understand it. How do I set the classpath for javac. It is NOT the same classpath as the java command. And it's not enough with one jar file. I have several. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies
AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)

NAME
airport-config - Configurator for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base station SYNOPSIS
airport-config DESCRIPTION
airport-config allows you to manage your AirPort base station, just like the AirPort software on Mac OS X. OPTIONS
airport-config accepts no command-line options. airport-config is a wrapper script around the AirportBaseStationConfigurator.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-config was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)