Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read variable name from file and use this? Post 302714589 by rdrtx1 on Friday 12th of October 2012 10:12:13 AM
Old 10-12-2012
try:
Code:
read VARIABLE1<File.txt
echo $VARIABLE1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from a file into a variable

I am a FORTRAN guy and not a UNIX expert by any means so sorry if this sounds dumb, but all I want to do is have a UNIX script which reads data from a file (say 1000 lines worth, each row is a file name) and store it in an array to perform an operation on later. As maddeningly simple as this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorkdg
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I read variable values from file?

Hi, I want to pratmeterze my scripts like, my confRsync file contains varibale values for 1. host 2. Destination and 3. source like this, I want to read this values from this and assing to my makeRsyn.sh file's varibales. how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read a value from a file and pass it to a variable

Hi, Some one please help me with this script. I have a file "sequence.txt" and contents of it look like below. 1 5 3 7 4 7 5 74 from my script i should be able to read every single and save the first columnbs to variable x1, x2, x3 and second column as y1, y2, y3 and so on. Then i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pragash_ms
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable from config file

how to read the variable from config file eg: a.cfg below config file config file which contain a=`hostname` b=250 a.sh is shell script echo "$a and $b" if i run "a.sh 1.cfg" it works but when i declare N number of variable it wont works.. can u please suggest for that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a file and store each value in a variable

Hi, How to read a file and put the values in a script. E.g. file1.txt 02/12/2009;t1;t2 The script should read this file and put these values in 3 different variables x1,x2,x3 which can be used further. Thanks Ashu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read string from file into variable

Hello, I need to read from a file consisting of only one integer and enter that number into variable.can anyone help? the script is written in cshell. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: offerbukra
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read a file into a variable?

Hello, I have a ini-file containing comma-separated e-mail addresses, an bash-script sending a mail. Mail-addresses and the mail-script are separated, so I need not to change the important mail script. But how can I read out the file into a variable? It is possible to handover the mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to read variable for the file

Hi, i have one file which has list of data like this xemp 42 yeet 87 wax 223 dyne 442 i want to read each of in for loop from the script can you give me syntax Use code tags, ty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to read the contents of each field of a file creating user accounts. The file will be of format : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)