Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to have output of AWK array in one line Post 302713565 by Jotne on Thursday 11th of October 2012 02:25:26 AM
Old 10-11-2012
Both works fine. Smilie
Thanks

---------- Post updated at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:01 AM ----------

I did a small modification to it, to get the number of hits sorted.
It can be done trough awk|sort|past, but it would be nice if awk can do it alone in one line.

Code:
echo $logfile | awk ' {arr[$8]++; next} END { for (i in arr) {printf "%s(%s) ",i,arr[i]};print ""}'

it now give
Code:
result1(5) result2(8) result3(2)

I would like to have it
Code:
result2(8) result1(5) result3(2)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

move output of awk to array

Hi experts, I have a the following awk command, awk '{print $1}' /users/jon/list4.txt. The output is 123 787 888 ... ... I want to move the output to array using shell programming. My shell is tcsh. Is it possible to move to array using shell porg? I know its possible in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:awk output into an array

Hi, I have a file 1:apple orange:one 2:banana:two 3:cherry:3 When I do awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' file apple orange banana cherry Now, when i redirect awk output to the file it has issue with strings #!/bin/bash FILEA=file A=(`awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' $FILEA `) echo ${A} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Pre-populating an array from system command output

So, here's a scenario that requires the same logic as what I'm working on: Suppose that you have a directory containing files named after users. For awk's purposes, the filename is a single field-- something parse-friendly, like john_smith. Now, let's say that I'd like to populate an array in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting awk array output?

Hi all, I have a script which produces a nice table but I want to sort it on column 3. This is the output line in the script: # Output { FS = ":"; format = "%11s %6s %-16s\n"; prinft "\n" printf ( format, "Size","Count","Who" ) } for (i in... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Loading a command's output line by line into an array

I have been trying this a lot of different ways and haven't found too much online. Here's what I've got so far: j=0 declare -a first zero=(`cat $tmpfile`) for i in "${zero}" do command $i >> "${first}" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output error while loop through array

Have built this script, the output is what I needed, but NR 6 is omitted. Why? Is it an error? I am using Gawk. '{nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) if (nr != i) print i, nr }' input1.csv >output1.csvinput1.csv 1 9 3 5 4 1 7 6 8 5 10 6 output1.csv > with the missing line number 6. 6 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting output of AWK array

I need help to sort the output of an awk array Example datadata="1 blue 2 green 3 blue 4 yellow 5 blue 6 red 7 yellow 8 red 9 yellow 10 yellow 11 green 12 orange 13 black" My awk line to get output in one lineecho "$data" | awk ' {arr++; next} END { for (i in arr) { if(arr>1 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : need to store the output of a awk command to a array

I have awk command : awk -F ' ' '{ print $NF }' log filename And it gives the output as below: 06:00:00 parameters: SDS (2) no no no no doc=4000000000). information: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Limiting Bash array single line output

#!/bin/bash PH=(AD QD QC 5H 6C 8C 7D JH 3H 3S) echo ${PH} In the above array, how can I print to screen just the first 8 elements of ${PH} and have the last 2 elements print just below the first line starting underneath AD? I need to do this in order to save terminal window spacing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
5 Replies
GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)							 1						       GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)

get_defined_vars - Returns an array of all defined variables

SYNOPSIS
array get_defined_vars (void ) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a multidimensional array containing a list of all defined variables, be them environment, server or user-defined variables, within the scope that get_defined_vars(3) is called. RETURN VALUES
A multidimensional array with all the variables. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_defined_vars(3) Example <?php $b = array(1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8); $arr = get_defined_vars(); // print $b print_r($arr["b"]); /* print path to the PHP interpreter (if used as a CGI) * e.g. /usr/local/bin/php */ echo $arr["_"]; // print the command-line parameters if any print_r($arr["argv"]); // print all the server vars print_r($arr["_SERVER"]); // print all the available keys for the arrays of variables print_r(array_keys(get_defined_vars())); ?> SEE ALSO
isset(3), get_defined_functions(3), get_defined_constants(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)