Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dynamic string searching for grep Post 302710131 by Gl@)!aTor on Thursday 4th of October 2012 03:05:25 AM
Old 10-04-2012
dynamic string searching for grep

hi my code is something like

Code:
   count=0
     echo "oracle TABLESPACE NAME  nd TARGET"

while [ loop condition ]
      do
               count=`expr $count + 1`

(1)     tts_space_name$count=`echo $tts | cut -d "," -f$count`

(2) target$count=grep $(tts_space_name$count) cfg.txt | cut -d'=' -f2
      done

in line (1) value is getting assigned to tts_space_name$count , but den it is displaying error as no data found as shown
'
Code:
tts_space_name1=TBS_ADOX_EXTR3:  not found.

'

then in line (2) i want to give dynamic string to grep command , getting error as no error found ...

help in either case will be appreciated .... Smilie
plz help.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-04-2012 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - searching for a specific string

ppl, this is my "file" with fields orderno orderdate orderdesc telno street city 1 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 2 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 3 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 4 01/04/2006 abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Searching for a newbie...

Hi, I really need some help with GREP searching... I need to find all occurances of a file reference and remove two characters from the end of the reference. For example, here are a few lines showing the text: <image file="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" ALT="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" /> <image... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveglevin
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching using grep command

Hi, i have a file called alert_pindb.log i need to grep and count for all the lines starting with "ORA-" but i need to exclude the line which is having "ORA-00600 " i am using following syntax to count the ORA- nos "grep \"ORA-\" alert_pindb.log | wc -l"; since ORA- may be anything... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching

I am making a script but having little problem. at one part I need to find one number format or other format from a file.. those formats are xxx-xx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxx i tried grep '( \{3\}-\{2\}-\{3\} |\{9\})' if i do them sepratly it work but like this it is not working Please check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching interval

Hi all, I just want to find all values that are in a specified interval. I tryed it with grep e- file , it does not work. Is it possible to get values wich are lower a special number, like grep >e-18 file? Thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newcommer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Grep

Experts, Hi there. Feel like kicking myself today as I wish I could have paid more attention to learning while I was in college. If only wishes were horses .... Anyway, Im parsing the contents of a log file. Now what I need to do here is search for a pattern and then Pick the top 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dynamic value string

Hi all, Need help to seek string with dynamic value that always change? Example string JOB_WORK_STAFF_MARY_JANE_20111013_000000001.DAT "JOB_WORK_STAFF_" and "_20111013_000000001.DAT" is static length. How do I select the "MARY_JANE" in the middle of the string. Please advice. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_max85
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic thread in grep

hi name$count = some dynamic value now i want to use dat dynamic value in grep so how m i supposed to do dat i tried `grep $(name$count) source` , it is not working ...... what will be after grep so dat i will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
4 Replies
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands ALTER TABLESPACE(7) NAME
ALTER TABLESPACE - change the definition of a tablespace SYNOPSIS
ALTER TABLESPACE name RENAME TO newname ALTER TABLESPACE name OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER TABLESPACE changes the definition of a tablespace. You must own the tablespace to use ALTER TABLESPACE. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role. (Note that superusers have these privileges automatically.) PARAMETERS
name The name of an existing tablespace. newname The new name of the tablespace. The new name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. newowner The new owner of the tablespace. EXAMPLES
Rename tablespace index_space to fast_raid: ALTER TABLESPACE index_space RENAME TO fast_raid; Change the owner of tablespace index_space: ALTER TABLESPACE index_space OWNER TO mary; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER TABLESPACE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER TABLESPACE(7)