Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris metainit: Sol10: there are no existing databases Post 302707821 by Fandy Abdul on Sunday 30th of September 2012 04:06:26 AM
Old 09-30-2012
metainit: Sol10: there are no existing databases

Hi Experts,
I am in direction to mirror filesystem in solaris10. Many articles I've read but not much help. Everytime I issued command metainit I always get 'there are no existing databases'. I don't know which steps I missed.

bash-3.2# metainit -f d11 1 1 c0t0d0s0
metainit: Sol10: there are no existing databases

I have two harddisk Installed and later I expect that c0t0d0s0 will be mirrored to c0t1d0s0.

I hope Solaris Experts give me solution.

Thx
FA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

metainit error

Hi I have a sun machine. Recently I have upgraded. After the upgradation I get this error when I reboot the system - metainit: <servername>: there are no existing databases The system is a standalone system and I don't want to configure any raid on this system. Also I have not tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
1 Replies

2. Solaris

metainit gives coredump

SunOS unknown 5.9 Generic_118558-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 I'm trying to set up mirroring and am running into a problem: As you can see, I set up the metadb, but am getting a coredump when running metainit. I saw this through google, but don't know the validity of it. Any ideas? #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

3. Solaris

stack space in sol10

we have a solaris 10 box (V440) we are looking for a way to set the stack size for all processes on the system. we know we can use ulimit -s $ ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - there are no existing databases.

I am facing problems with SVM installed on vmware workstation on intel platform. I have created replicas and a mirror volume using unmountable slices. But when I reboot my hardware I am not able to execute any SVM cmd's getting an error "there are no existing databases." Below are o/p's of few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Metainit issue

Hi all, After setting up SUN cluster in two nodes, I created disksets and volumes in the servers. Everything wwas working well and perfect. Today, I created a diskset and added three disks to it. When trying to create a volume, I am getting the following error: lsun3175 /dev/rdsk->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending lines from an existing list to each line in another existing list

Evening all ! I would like to ask your expertise on how to accomplish the following ; I have 2 lists, and would like each line from list2 to be appended to each line in list1, resulting in list3 ; List1; alpha beta charlie List2; one two three (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 metainit space issue

I am trying to create soft partition metaclear -r d109 metainit d109 -p d100 -o 178423817 -b 33554432 After i did this i saw the df -k /dev/md/dsk/d109 0 779600337 0 0% /test df -k shows that it is full? also i have tried adding no logging entry in /etc/vfstab... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
0 Replies
metaparam(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     metaparam(1M)

NAME
metaparam - modify parameters of metadevices SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaparam -h /usr/sbin/metaparam [-s setname] [concat/stripe or RAID5 options] concat/stripe RAID /usr/sbin/metaparam [-s setname] [mirror options] mirror DESCRIPTION
The metaparam command is used to display or modify current parameters of metadevices. If just the metadevice is specified as an argument to the metaparam command, the current settings are displayed. The metaparam command enables most metadevice (volume) parameters to be changed. Only the interlace value cannot be changed by metaparam, because it is established when the metadevice is created and cannot be changed thereafter. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the options. The following options are supported: -h Displays usage message. -s setname Specify the name of the diskset on which metaparam works. Using the -s option causes the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command performs its function on local metadevices. CONCAT
/STRIPE OR RAID5 OPTIONS -hhot_spare_pool | none Specifies the hot spare pool to be used by a metadevice. If none is specified, the metadevice is disassociated with the hot spare pool assigned to it. If the metadevice is currently using a hot spare, then metaparam cannot replace the hot spare pool. concat/stripe |RAID Specifies the metadevice name of the concatenation, stripe, or concatenation of stripes, or of the RAID5 metadevice. MIRROR OPTIONS
-r roundrobin | geometric | first Modifies the read option for a mirror. The -r option must be followed by either roundrobin, geometric, or first. roundrobin, which is the default action under the metainit command, specifies reading the disks in a round-robin (load balancing) method. geometric allows for faster performance on sequential reads. first specifies reading only from the first submirror. -w parallel | serial Modifies the write option for a mirror. The -w option must be followed by either parallel or serial. parallel, the default action under the metainit command, specifies that all writes are parallel. serial specifies that all writes are serial. -p pass_number A number from 0-to-9 that specifies the order in which a mirror is resynced during reboot. The default is 1. Smaller pass numbers are resynced first. Equal pass numbers are run concurrently. If 0 is used, the mirror resync is skipped. 0 should only be used for mirrors mounted as read-only, or as swap. mirror Specifies the metadevice name of the mirror. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Associating Hot Spare Pool with RAID5 Metadevice This example associates a hot spare pool, user_pool, with a RAID5 metadevice, user_raid. # metaparam -h user_pool user_raid Example 2 Changing Read Option to Geometric This example changes the read option on a mirror d50 from the default of roundrobin to geometric. # metaparam -r geometric d50 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) SunOS 5.11 26 Mar 2006 metaparam(1M)