Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regular expression grouping across multiple lines Post 302706461 by chirish on Wednesday 26th of September 2012 08:20:35 PM
Old 09-26-2012
duh..

Code:
>>> f = open('book.txt', 'r')
>>> text = f.read()
>>> f.close()
>>> m = re.findall(r'(book\d).+?price\s(\d+)', text, re.DOTALL)
>>> m
[('book1', '23'), ('book2', '22'), ('book3', '24'), ('book4', '25'), ('book5', '13')]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression across some lines

I am trying to use regular expression to identify ONLY the commands that hasn't the word "tablespace" within it. a command starts with "create table" and ends with ; (semicolon) example file: create table first tablespace ; create table second ( BBL_CUSTOMER_NAME VARCHAR2(32), a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression grepping lines with VARIOUS number of blanks

Hi, I need a regular expression grepping all lines starting with '*' followed by a VARIOUS number of blanks and then followed by the string 'Runjob=1'. I tried that code, but it doesn't work: grep -i '*'+'Runjob=1' INPUT_FILE >>OUTPUT_FILE Can someone help me? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not printing lines before a regular expression.

Hey, I found a way to print the lines which is just before a regular expression, not including the expression. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' myfile Now I'm looking for a way to print all lines, exept the regular expression and also the line before the same regular expression. Use code tags. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Livio
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Would like to print 3 lines after a regular expression is found in the logfile

I would like to print 3 lines after a regular expression is found in the logfile. I'm using the following code: grep -n "$reg_exp" file.txt |while read LINE ;do i=$(echo $LINE |cut -d':' -f1 ) ;sed -n "$i,$(($i+3))p" file.txt ;done The above code things works fine,but sometimes gives erroneous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joachimshaun
3 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete lines matching a regular expression

I have a very large file (over 700 million lines) that has some lines that I need to delete. An example of 5 lines of the file: HS4_80:8:2303:19153:193032 153 k80:138891 HS4_80:8:2105:5544:43174 89 k88:81949 165 k88:81949 323 0 * = 323 0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding lines with a regular expression, replacing them with blank lines

So the tag for this forum says all newbies welcome... All I want to do is go through my file and find lines which contain a given string of characters then replace these with a blank line. I really tried to find a simple command to do this but failed. Here's what I did come up with though: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Golpette
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression to match multiple lines?

Using a regular expression, I would like multiple lines to be matched. By default, a period (.) matches any character except newline. However, (?s) and /s modifiers are supposed to force . to accept a newline and to match any character including a newline. However, the following two perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - Regular Expressions :Looking for one word on multiple lines.

Im looking for a bash solution that will use Regular Expressions (not perl, sed or awk) to check the example data below and then give me a status. which would be just simply Match or Mismatch. SYS PS1 is present. Fan status: Normal Input Voltage status: Normal ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
5 Replies
YAML_PARSE(3)								 1							     YAML_PARSE(3)

yaml_parse - Parse a YAML stream

SYNOPSIS
mixed yaml_parse (string $input, [int $pos], [int &$ndocs], [array $callbacks]) DESCRIPTION
Convert all or part of a YAML document stream to a PHP variable. PARAMETERS
o $input - The string to parse as a YAML document stream. o $pos - Document to extract from stream ( -1 for all documents, 0 for first document, ...). o $ndocs - If $ndocs is provided, then it is filled with the number of documents found in stream. o $callbacks - Content handlers for YAML nodes. Associative array of YAML tag => callable mappings. See parse callbacks for more details. RETURN VALUES
Returns the value encoded in $input in appropriate PHP type or FALSE on failure. If $pos is -1 an array will be returned with one entry for each document found in the stream. EXAMPLES
Example #1 yaml_parse(3) example <?php $yaml = <<<EOD --- invoice: 34843 date: "2001-01-23" bill-to: &id001 given: Chris family: Dumars address: lines: |- 458 Walkman Dr. Suite #292 city: Royal Oak state: MI postal: 48046 ship-to: *id001 product: - sku: BL394D quantity: 4 description: Basketball price: 450 - sku: BL4438H quantity: 1 description: Super Hoop price: 2392 tax: 251.420000 total: 4443.520000 comments: Late afternoon is best. Backup contact is Nancy Billsmer @ 338-4338. EOD; $parsed = yaml_parse($yaml); var_dump($parsed); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(8) { ["invoice"]=> int(34843) ["date"]=> string(10) "2001-01-23" ["bill-to"]=> &array(3) { ["given"]=> string(5) "Chris" ["family"]=> string(6) "Dumars" ["address"]=> array(4) { ["lines"]=> string(34) "458 Walkman Dr. Suite #292" ["city"]=> string(9) "Royal Oak" ["state"]=> string(2) "MI" ["postal"]=> int(48046) } } ["ship-to"]=> &array(3) { ["given"]=> string(5) "Chris" ["family"]=> string(6) "Dumars" ["address"]=> array(4) { ["lines"]=> string(34) "458 Walkman Dr. Suite #292" ["city"]=> string(9) "Royal Oak" ["state"]=> string(2) "MI" ["postal"]=> int(48046) } } ["product"]=> array(2) { [0]=> array(4) { ["sku"]=> string(6) "BL394D" ["quantity"]=> int(4) ["description"]=> string(10) "Basketball" ["price"]=> int(450) } [1]=> array(4) { ["sku"]=> string(7) "BL4438H" ["quantity"]=> int(1) ["description"]=> string(10) "Super Hoop" ["price"]=> int(2392) } } ["tax"]=> float(251.42) ["total"]=> float(4443.52) ["comments"]=> string(68) "Late afternoon is best. Backup contact is Nancy Billsmer @ 338-4338." } NOTES
Warning Processing untrusted user input with yaml_parse(3) is dangerous if the use of unserialize(3) is enabled for nodes using the !php/object tag. This behavior can be disabled by using the yaml.decode_php ini setting. SEE ALSO
yaml_parse_file(3), yaml_parse_url(3), yaml_emit(3). PHP Documentation Group YAML_PARSE(3)