Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comamnds running interactively, failed in script wrigint Post 302705907 by nrjrasaxena on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 05:14:12 PM
Old 09-25-2012
Ohh,
Thanks for the explanation.
just wondering...can I rely this $0 while working with shell script probably?
If not, then what could be the other way to write it in shell script.
BTW, Google helped me in finding that $0 Smilie

Code:
checking the current dir
go to other dir
execute something there
come back to previous directory

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX comamnds

Hi everybody! I am new to unix; however I already now a few unix commands. I would like a complete document, pdf or anything, to learn them all. Hope you can help me!:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybergang007
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing file during running ksh in HP failed

Hi falks, I have the following program: #!/bin/ksh ed -s /home/ias/v9.0.3/j2ee/OC4J_RiGHTv_HPCD2/applications/Xbip/Xbip/WEB -INF/config/application.properties <<EOF >/dev/null 1 d . d . a application.filePath.core = /core-HPCD2/Html/ application.filePath.xbip =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

skgpspawn failed running oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on aix 5.3

Hi, I am running an oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on ibm p5 550 aix 5.3 with 10g ram, 10G swap space 3 database instances each SGA about 500Meg. I am getting the following error in my alert log file from time to time: skgpspawn failed:category = 27142, depinfo = 11, op = fork, loc = skgpspawn3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkerpacific
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving output interactively

Hi. I have a situation where I need to constantly read a command's output in order to loop through it to determine something that is happening over our system. The command td <filename> interactively prints 'filename' as text is written to it and this is redirected to standard output. I have been... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can the search and replace can be done interactively

hi, To search and replace a string in multiple files i am using following command: find . -name '*.txt' -print0 |xargs -0 perl -pi -e 's/find_string/replace_string/g' I want to be prompted while replacing the string. how this can be done. thanks for every help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks__
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch running/failed process

I am trying to fetch failed process but while doing that unable to do so. like; (1)ps -ef | grep snmpCollect o/p is coming like - root 12423 4393 1 19:44:06 pts/0 0:00 grep snmpCollect (2)ps -ef | grep sttps o/p- root 15517 4393 0 19:53:24 pts/0 0:00 grep sttps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarabhi84
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to create a here document by running a script interactively?

hi, i have script which installs around 20 packages. during installation of each package script will be prompted for user input. i need to run the script in non-interactive by using here document. is it possible to generate here document by running the script in interactive mode on Solaris?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect scripting issue, works interactively when doing commands in cli, does not work in script

Hi; problem may be obvious, simple but I have to say it is somehow not easy to locate the issue. I am doing some word extracting from multiline text. Interacting in CLI seems to work without issues. First step is to add multiline text to a variable. expect1.1> expect1.1> set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowski
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command works interactively but not in bash script

The below command works in the terminal interactively but not as part of a bash script. I though maybe I needed to escape the "$dir" so it isn't interpreted literally, but that's not it. Thank you :). interactively in terminal dir=/path/to new=$(ls "$dir"/*.csv -tr | tail -n 1) && echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)