Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comamnds running interactively, failed in script wrigint Post 302705859 by nrjrasaxena on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 03:53:49 PM
Old 09-25-2012
hi corona,
I did not understand. I have tested that piece of code. It just cd in the current working directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX comamnds

Hi everybody! I am new to unix; however I already now a few unix commands. I would like a complete document, pdf or anything, to learn them all. Hope you can help me!:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybergang007
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing file during running ksh in HP failed

Hi falks, I have the following program: #!/bin/ksh ed -s /home/ias/v9.0.3/j2ee/OC4J_RiGHTv_HPCD2/applications/Xbip/Xbip/WEB -INF/config/application.properties <<EOF >/dev/null 1 d . d . a application.filePath.core = /core-HPCD2/Html/ application.filePath.xbip =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

skgpspawn failed running oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on aix 5.3

Hi, I am running an oracle db 9.2.0.5.0 on ibm p5 550 aix 5.3 with 10g ram, 10G swap space 3 database instances each SGA about 500Meg. I am getting the following error in my alert log file from time to time: skgpspawn failed:category = 27142, depinfo = 11, op = fork, loc = skgpspawn3 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkerpacific
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieving output interactively

Hi. I have a situation where I need to constantly read a command's output in order to loop through it to determine something that is happening over our system. The command td <filename> interactively prints 'filename' as text is written to it and this is redirected to standard output. I have been... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can the search and replace can be done interactively

hi, To search and replace a string in multiple files i am using following command: find . -name '*.txt' -print0 |xargs -0 perl -pi -e 's/find_string/replace_string/g' I want to be prompted while replacing the string. how this can be done. thanks for every help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks__
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch running/failed process

I am trying to fetch failed process but while doing that unable to do so. like; (1)ps -ef | grep snmpCollect o/p is coming like - root 12423 4393 1 19:44:06 pts/0 0:00 grep snmpCollect (2)ps -ef | grep sttps o/p- root 15517 4393 0 19:53:24 pts/0 0:00 grep sttps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarabhi84
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to create a here document by running a script interactively?

hi, i have script which installs around 20 packages. during installation of each package script will be prompted for user input. i need to run the script in non-interactive by using here document. is it possible to generate here document by running the script in interactive mode on Solaris?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect scripting issue, works interactively when doing commands in cli, does not work in script

Hi; problem may be obvious, simple but I have to say it is somehow not easy to locate the issue. I am doing some word extracting from multiline text. Interacting in CLI seems to work without issues. First step is to add multiline text to a variable. expect1.1> expect1.1> set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowski
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command works interactively but not in bash script

The below command works in the terminal interactively but not as part of a bash script. I though maybe I needed to escape the "$dir" so it isn't interpreted literally, but that's not it. Thank you :). interactively in terminal dir=/path/to new=$(ls "$dir"/*.csv -tr | tail -n 1) && echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-x] [-o omitpid] [-o omitpid..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. NOTES
pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program, which should also be located in /sbin. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)