Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find files in directory tree by date Post 302703179 by Corona688 on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 11:58:15 AM
Old 09-19-2012
What's your system?

On Linux I might do this:

Code:
# Search inside all months for weeks
find 2012 -maxdepth 2 -mindepth 2 -type d | while read WEEK
do
        # Glob all files for that week
        set -- "$WEEK"/*/*.txt

# Print if more than one is found for that week
        [ "$#" -gt 1 ] && echo "$@"
done

Last edited by Corona688; 09-19-2012 at 01:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Oldest file in a directory tree

This might just be one command. Any1 having the solution? Thanks, Rahul. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
25 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a whole directory tree WITH files inside?

Assume I want to remove a whole directory tree beginning with /foo/bar/ The directory or sub-directories may contain files. The top directory /foo/bar/ itself should not be deleted. rm -f- r /foo/bar does not work because it requires a directory tree without files. How does it work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to build directory tree and files

Hi all, I'm trying at the moment to write a shell script to build a directory tree and create files within the built directories. I've scoured through sites and text books and I just can't figure out how to go about it. I would assume that I need to use loops of some sort, but I can't seem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Libertad
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files with specific extension in directory tree

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but a search didn't turn up a definitive best method for this (if there ever is such a thing). I have been using rsync to back up my main data directory, but I have accumulated a large number of older backups that I don't need. All of the files I don't... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp?

Hi, My apologies if my query is already available on this forum but I am new and could not find. I need a script to list all directories/sub directories and files with permissions/groups/owners. The script would run from home directory and should capture every directory. How do I do this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8709711
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam192837465
2 Replies
INTLCALENDAR.GETMINIMALDAYSINFIRSTWEEK(3)				 1				 INTLCALENDAR.GETMINIMALDAYSINFIRSTWEEK(3)

IntlCalendar::getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek - Get minimal number of days the first week in a year or month can have

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public int IntlCalendar::getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int intlcal_get_minimal_days_in_first_week (IntlCalendar $cal) Returns the smallest number of days the first week of a year or month must have in the new year or month. For instance, in the Gregorian calendar, if this value is 1, then the first week of the year will necessarily include January 1st, while if this value is 7, then the week with January 1st will be the first week of the year only if the day of the week for January 1st matches the day of the week returned by IntlCalendar.getFirstDayOfWeek(3); otherwise it will be the previous years last week. PARAMETERS
o $cal - The IntlCalendar resource. RETURN VALUES
An int representing a number of days or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 IntlCalendar.getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek(3) <?php ini_set('date.timezone', 'UTC'); ini_set('intl.default_locale', 'en_US'); $cal = new IntlGregorianCalendar(2013, 0 /* January */, 2); var_dump(IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, 'cccc')); // Wednesday var_dump($cal->getMinimalDaysInFirstWeek(), // 1 $cal->getFirstDayofWeek()); // 1 (Sunday) // Week 1 of 2013 var_dump(IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, "'Week 'w' of 'Y")); $cal->setMinimalDaysInFirstWeek(4); // Still Week 1 of 2013 (1st week has 5 days in the new year) var_dump(IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, "'Week 'w' of 'Y")); $cal->setMinimalDaysInFirstWeek(6); // Week 53 of 2012 var_dump(IntlDateFormatter::formatObject($cal, "'Week 'w' of 'Y")); The above example will output: string(9) "Wednesday" int(1) int(1) string(14) "Week 1 of 2013" string(14) "Week 1 of 2013" string(15) "Week 53 of 2012" PHP Documentation Group INTLCALENDAR.GETMINIMALDAYSINFIRSTWEEK(3)