Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting advise some script to make the changes..!! Post 302701237 by tuntun on Saturday 15th of September 2012 07:41:26 AM
Old 09-15-2012
No I am stuck up..Please help..!!Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need your advise for which version ?

Hi ... I'm new when it comes to using a computer , I have in the last few years kind of learn Windows xp but I find that Microsoft is ripping people off with their operating system and I would very much like to try to learn Unix operating system , so far all I know about Linux/Unix its totally... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terryfox
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail program on shell script didn't work, please advise.

Hi, everyone: I post a new thread because previous post may sink and I hope the new one can be caught by your eyes. I created a shell script and the script works fine. However, the mail program part on script didn't send email to my email box and it also didn't provide any traceable... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

your advise on mysql, please

My intention is to set up a mysql on unix. Could you provide some info, please, useful for realization of the plan (other than "read the documentation" that will be done anyway)? vaguely yours` sehrguey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
2 Replies

4. Linux

Please advise me.

Hello all, I have a question, and would like some advice please. I am a windows guy by trade....5 years in the Marines is where I learnt a lot of what i know. I took a junior level sys admin job...learned a bit more...and now I do IT security. All of this happened in the last 8 years. So I'm 27... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quality
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris script using awk giving errors - please advise

I'm using solaris 10 Scenario as follows I have a logfile with 2 columns: column 1 = source directory + filename column 2 = destination directory + filename Using cron, my script polls for new files and adds them to the logfile ($ELOG) as described above. Using sed, the distination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would you like to advise a beginner !

Im new in unix, I learned some commands, I have a small idea in MS Dos Would you like to advise me where and how to start ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BaxxterHp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable shell script advise

All, I have a need for a portable shell script for LInux and HPUX. The script has a simple need; Check for local files of a specific name (i.e. filename*), scp them to another system, and archive them to a folder. The script runs via cron. I first wrote the script in Linux (bash with gnu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD