Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS Post 302699897 by Sukruth Kumar on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 01:48:17 PM
Old 09-12-2012
Thanks

Yes, Something Similar.. I shall check this out and see if this works as expected. To add to this, I have one more script which I may have to run after 50 min of execution of the second script. How is it possible for me to achieve this?
Please help..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file execution in KSH shell

Dear all, I'm new in Unix system, I need help about how to create execution file. for example in my system i have file fg* when i open fg file i get : cmd='basename$0' $cmd "$@" how to create file like that (execution file) in KSH shell thank you for your help heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Execution Time

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH). I need to get the execution time of my script. I can't use the time command as I have to send by mail the result in a human readable way. So I am looking for a code to add to my script. The output result would be : Execution time :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh file execution problem

Hi, There is a ksh file as below /scripts/dir> ls -ltr script.ksh -rwxrwxrwx 1 oprlxr lxr 4937 Aug 19 11:13 script.ksh i logged on to the server with my ID and able to see the above file. I tried executing it but it was shoing below error. (JSKOBS) /scripts/dir>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX-ksh script ends unexpectedly

Hi, I have a ksh script running on AIX 5.3 which has sometimes a bizarre behaviour. The script runs a child script like follow. trap 'rm -f /tmp/res.log;exit 0' 2 15 run_child.sh > /tmp/res.log 2>&1 echo "run_child.sh is terminated" next instructions... rm -f /tmp/res.log ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rivalgro
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusive for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o Some mksh specific extensions are missing; specifically, the -T command-line option. o lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. o lksh parses leading-zero numbers as octal (base 8). o Integers use the host C environment's long type, not int32_t. Unsigned arithmetic is done using unsigned long, not uint32_t. Neither value limits nor wraparound is guaranteed. Dividing the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour (but might work on 32-bit and 64-bit long types). o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. Parsing numbers with leading zero digits or ``0x'' is relatively recent in all pdksh derivates, but supported here for completeness. It might make sense to make this a run-time option, but that might also be overkill. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD February 11, 2013 MirBSD