Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS Post 302699555 by Sukruth Kumar on Wednesday 12th of September 2012 02:25:59 AM
Old 09-12-2012
Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS

I have couple of scripts which I may have to execute one after the other. The Script1 creates trg files and second sciprt need to look for this trg file and proces further. I read in the forum that (./test1.sh && ./test2.sh) would work. Can you please let me know how do i use this where I need to automate this script using today's data as parameter passed to the script -YYYYMMDD format.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file execution in KSH shell

Dear all, I'm new in Unix system, I need help about how to create execution file. for example in my system i have file fg* when i open fg file i get : cmd='basename$0' $cmd "$@" how to create file like that (execution file) in KSH shell thank you for your help heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with ksh

Dear All, I have a script as follows: 1 #! /bin/ksh 2 # 28 varDate=`date +%d%h%y` 29 export spool_file=/app/my_user/work/TH_Status_${varDate}_Check.txt 30 31 ######################### 32 # Unix Code Starts here # 33 ######################### ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Execution Time

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH). I need to get the execution time of my script. I can't use the time command as I have to send by mail the result in a human readable way. So I am looking for a code to add to my script. The output result would be : Execution time :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh file execution problem

Hi, There is a ksh file as below /scripts/dir> ls -ltr script.ksh -rwxrwxrwx 1 oprlxr lxr 4937 Aug 19 11:13 script.ksh i logged on to the server with my ID and able to see the above file. I tried executing it but it was shoing below error. (JSKOBS) /scripts/dir>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX-ksh script ends unexpectedly

Hi, I have a ksh script running on AIX 5.3 which has sometimes a bizarre behaviour. The script runs a child script like follow. trap 'rm -f /tmp/res.log;exit 0' 2 15 run_child.sh > /tmp/res.log 2>&1 echo "run_child.sh is terminated" next instructions... rm -f /tmp/res.log ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rivalgro
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies
TREEREG(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						TREEREG(1)

NAME
treereg - Compiler for Tree Regular Expressions SYNOPSIS
treereg [-m packagename] [[no]syntax] [[no]numbers] [-severity 0|1|2|3] [-p treeprefix] [-o outputfile] [-lib /path/to/library/] -i filename[.trg] treereg [-m packagename] [[no]syntax] [[no]numbers] [-severity 0|1|2|3] [-p treeprefix] [-lib /path/to/library/] [-o outputfile] filename[.trg] treereg -v treereg -h OPTIONS
Options can be used both with one dash and double dash. It is not necessary to write the full name of the option. A disambiguation prefix suffices. o "-i[n] filename" Input file. Extension ".trg" is assumed if no extension is provided. o "-o[ut] filename" Output file. By default is the name of the input file (concatenated with .pm) o "-m[od] packagename" Name of the package containing the generated subroutines. By default is the longest prefix of the input file name that conforms to the classic definition of integer "[a-z_A-Z]w*". o "-l[ib] /path/to/library/" Specifies that "/path/to/library/" will be included in @INC. Useful when the "syntax" option is on. Can be inserted as many times as necessary. o "-p[refix] treeprefix" Tree nodes automatically generated using "Parse::Eyapp" are objects blessed into the name of the production. To avoid crashes the programmer may prefix the class names with a given prefix when calling the parser; for example: $self->YYParse( yylex => &_Lexer, yyerror => &_Error, yyprefix => __PACKAGE__."::") The "-prefix treeprefix" option simplifies the process of writing the tree grammar so that instead of writing with the full names CLASS::TIMES(CLASS::NUM, $x) and { $NUM->{VAL} == 0) => { $NUM } it can be written: TIMES(NUM, $x) and { $NUM->{VAL} == 0) => { $NUM } o "-n[umbers]" Produces "#line" directives. o "-non[umbers]" Disable source file line numbering embedded in your parser o "-sy[ntax]" Checks that Perl code is syntactically correct. o "-nosy[ntax]" Does not check the syntax of Perl code o "-se[verity] number" - 0 = Don't check arity (default). Matching does not check the arity. The actual node being visited may have more children. - 1 = Check arity. Matching requires the equality of the number of children and the actual node and the pattern. - 2 = Check arity and give a warning - 3 = Check arity, give a warning and exit o "-v[ersion]" Gives the version o "-u[sage]" Prints the usage info o "-h[elp]" Print this help DESCRIPTION
"Treereg" translates a tree grammar specification file (default extension ".trg" describing a set of tree patterns and the actions to modify them using tree-terms like: TIMES(NUM, $x) and { $NUM->{VAL} == 0) => { $NUM } which says that wherever an abstract syntax tree representing the product of a numeric expression with value 0 times any other kind of expression, the "TIMES" tree can be substituted by its left child. The compiler produces a Perl module containing the subroutines implementing those sets of pattern-actions. EXAMPLE
Consider the following "eyapp" grammar (see the "Parse::Eyapp" documentation to know more about "Parse::Eyapp" grammars): ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> cat Rule6.yp %{ use Data::Dumper; %} %right '=' %left '-' '+' %left '*' '/' %left NEG %tree %% line: exp { $_[1] } ; exp: %name NUM NUM | %name VAR VAR | %name ASSIGN VAR '=' exp | %name PLUS exp '+' exp | %name MINUS exp '-' exp | %name TIMES exp '*' exp | %name DIV exp '/' exp | %name UMINUS '-' exp %prec NEG | '(' exp ')' { $_[2] } /* Let us simplify a bit the tree */ ; %% sub _Error { die "Syntax error. "; } sub _Lexer { my($parser)=shift; $parser->YYData->{INPUT} or $parser->YYData->{INPUT} = <STDIN> or return('',undef); $parser->YYData->{INPUT}=~s/^s+//; for ($parser->YYData->{INPUT}) { s/^([0-9]+(?:.[0-9]+)?)// and return('NUM',$1); s/^([A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*)// and return('VAR',$1); s/^(.)//s and return($1,$1); } } sub Run { my($self)=shift; $self->YYParse( yylex => &_Lexer, yyerror => &_Error ); } ---------------------------------------------------------- Compile it using "eyapp": ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> eyapp Rule6.yp nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> ls -ltr | tail -1 -rw-rw---- 1 pl users 4976 2006-09-15 19:56 Rule6.pm ---------------------------------------------------------- Now consider this tree grammar: ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> cat Transform2.trg %{ my %Op = (PLUS=>'+', MINUS => '-', TIMES=>'*', DIV => '/'); %} fold: 'TIMES|PLUS|DIV|MINUS':bin(NUM($n), NUM($m)) => { my $op = $Op{ref($bin)}; $n->{attr} = eval "$n->{attr} $op $m->{attr}"; $_[0] = $NUM[0]; } zero_times_whatever: TIMES(NUM($x), .) and { $x->{attr} == 0 } => { $_[0] = $NUM } whatever_times_zero: TIMES(., NUM($x)) and { $x->{attr} == 0 } => { $_[0] = $NUM } /* rules related with times */ times_zero = zero_times_whatever whatever_times_zero; ---------------------------------------------------------- Compile it with "treereg": ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> treereg Transform2.trg nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> ls -ltr | tail -1 -rw-rw---- 1 pl users 1948 2006-09-15 19:57 Transform2.pm ---------------------------------------------------------- The following program makes use of both modules "Rule6.pm" and "Transform2.pm": ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> cat foldand0rule6_3.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Rule6; use Parse::Eyapp::YATW; use Data::Dumper; use Transform2; $Data::Dumper::Indent = 1; my $parser = new Rule6(); my $t = $parser->Run; print " ***** Before ****** "; print Dumper($t); $t->s(@Transform2::all); print " ***** After ****** "; print Dumper($t); ---------------------------------------------------------- When the program runs with input "b*(2-2)" produces the following output: ---------------------------------------------------------- nereida:~/LEyapp/examples> foldand0rule6_3.pl b*(2-2) ***** Before ****** $VAR1 = bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [], 'attr' => 'b', 'token' => 'VAR' }, 'TERMINAL' ) ] }, 'VAR' ), bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [], 'attr' => '2', 'token' => 'NUM' }, 'TERMINAL' ) ] }, 'NUM' ), bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [], 'attr' => '2', 'token' => 'NUM' }, 'TERMINAL' ) ] }, 'NUM' ) ] }, 'MINUS' ) ] }, 'TIMES' ); ***** After ****** $VAR1 = bless( { 'children' => [ bless( { 'children' => [], 'attr' => 0, 'token' => 'NUM' }, 'TERMINAL' ) ] }, 'NUM' ); ---------------------------------------------------------- See also the section "Compiling: More Options" in Parse::Eyapp for a more contrived example. SEE ALSO
o Parse::Eyapp, o eyapptut o The pdf file in <http://nereida.deioc.ull.es/~pl/perlexamples/Eyapp.pdf> o <http://nereida.deioc.ull.es/~pl/perlexamples/section_eyappts.html> (Spanish), o eyapp, o treereg, o Parse::yapp, o yacc(1), o bison(1), o the classic book "Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools" by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and o Jeffrey D. Ullman (Addison-Wesley 1986) o Parse::RecDescent. AUTHOR
Casiano Rodriguez-Leon LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 by Casiano Rodriguez-Leon This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-06 TREEREG(1)