Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration Post 302698319 by julumme on Sunday 9th of September 2012 10:53:05 PM
Old 09-09-2012
Yes, it seems that both my existing volumes are ZFS:

Code:
$ df -n
/                   : zfs
/devices            : devfs
/dev                : dev
/system/contract    : ctfs
/proc               : proc
/etc/mnttab         : mntfs
/system/volatile    : tmpfs
/system/object      : objfs
/etc/dfs/sharetab   : sharefs
/dev/fd             : fd
/var                : zfs
/tmp                : tmpfs
/rpool              : zfs
/rpool/export       : zfs
/rpool/export/home  : zfs
/rpool/export/home/username : zfs
/home/username        : lofs

hicksd8, I also think SW raid would not be that much slower.. Is it much simpler process in that case ?
In the meantime, I'll check if I'm able to login to ILOM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 8 sparc kernel configuration guide

i've scoured the net and haven't found too many items. i found one at princeton and a few things at sun's site, however, i don't find them to my level. they seem to be written for someone who is very comfortable doing what they do. does anyone know of any good tutorial that is written similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. AIX

regd raid 0 configuration

Hey Alll Thanks for the help u give me yesterday,i need a help again from u all guys i have RS 6000 server with AIX 4.3.3 OS and with external storage (multipack) with 12 Hard disk drive which will be connected to RS 6000 scsi controller ,i dont have any raid card. now i have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script for converting raid configuration log messages to ChangeLog files. ....

hi to all am new to shell scripting..itz very urgent. when i excuting the command metastat(raid configuration info) it will display some information. #metastat d1:submirror status: okey pass:1 d2:submirror staus:okey d3:submirror staus:error if staus is okey.no problem.once i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunreddy3
0 Replies

4. Solaris

T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends, I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

5. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Software RAID configuration

We have configured software based RAID5 with LVM on our RHEL5 servers. Please let us know if its good to configure software RAID on live environment servers. What can be the disadvantages of software RAID against hardware RAID (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitchnelson
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)