Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting move files defined in filelist Post 302695331 by mjf on Sunday 2nd of September 2012 10:05:35 PM
Old 09-02-2012
Something like this?

Code:
Folder1>cat filestomove.txt | xargs -Ifn mv fn Subfolder1/.

Last edited by mjf; 09-02-2012 at 11:26 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to mjf For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from fileList.txt, copy files from directory tree

Hi, hopefully this is a fairly simple Q&A. I have a clean file list of approximately 180 filenames with no directory or slashes in front of the filename nor any extension or dot ".". I would like to read from this list, find these files recursively down through directory trees, copy the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of 2 files based on condition defined in a different file

I have a control file which tells me which are the fields in the files I need to compare and based on the values I need to print the exact value if key =Y and output is Y , or if output is Y/N then I need to print only Y if it matches or N if it does not match and if output =N , then skip the feild... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoawk
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create t a filelist with the latest file by YYYYMMDD and move to subfolder

Hi all, I am receiving files named like: ABC_20120730.csv ABC_20120801.csv ABC_20120812.csv They are residing in a folder named Incoming. I am supposed to write a script that will create a filelist which will contain only the name of the latest file beginning with ABC_, by YYYYMMDD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum values of specific column in multiple files, considering ranges defined in another file

I have a file (let say file B) like this: File B: A1 3 5 A1 7 9 A2 2 5 A3 1 3 The first column defines a filename and the other two define a range in that specific file. In the same directory, I have also three more files (File A1, A2 and A3). Here is 10 sample lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bastami
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find the files based on date from filelist

Hi All, I have a filelist which contains the "ls" output, i want to extract the filenames written in this files based on date. I know i can run loop and extract the file but i want to avoid it. also there is find command which can be used on directory i.e. find . -type f -newermt "2019-09-25"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarinfa
3 Replies
SLN(8)                                                       Linux Programmer's Manual                                                      SLN(8)

NAME
sln - create symbolic links SYNOPSIS
sln source dest sln filelist DESCRIPTION
The sln program creates symbolic links. Unlike the ln(1) program, it is statically linked. This means that if for some reason the dynamic linker is not working, sln can be used to make symbolic links to dynamic libraries. The command line has two forms. In the first form, it creates dest as a new symbolic link to source. In the second form, filelist is a list of space-separated pathname pairs, and the effect is as if sln was executed once for each line of the file, with the two pathnames as the arguments. The sln program supports no command-line options. SEE ALSO
ln(1), ld.so(8), ldconfig(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU 2017-09-15 SLN(8)