Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with recursive handbrake script Post 302693275 by jonesal2 on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 03:32:09 AM
Old 08-29-2012
it basically lists everything in the source dir followed by everything in the destination dir, ie:
Code:
/media/video/original_series
./TEST2/TortillaFlaps.s01e05.mkv
./TEST2/WestOfPesos.s01e08.mkv
./TEST/AMessageToGracias.s01e14.mkv
./TEST/AHuntingWeWillGo.s01e27.mkv
/media/video/transcoded_series
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/extrafanart/477431.jpg
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/logo.png
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/poster.jpg
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/banner.jpg
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/landscape.jpg
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/TheLostEgg.s01e11.mp4
./BEN_HOLLYS_LITTLE_KINGDOM/fanart.jpg
......etc, etc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive pid script

I'm trying to create a script that allows me to determine all the pid's that spawned from an original process(ie - who's running this command).... I've created a script that searches the processes running based on an argument passed the script. It then is to get the parent pid and look that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarnhar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem due to recursive directories Help please

Hello everyone , I am looking for a better solution then the one I have created for the my Task The task is: Create an automated script that will check for Uploads in a specified Directory and move them to another specified Directory if the files are completely uploaded. Files are FTP'd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive grep

Hello, First time post - I have no formal unix training and could use some help with this. I have a list of strings in File1 that I want to use to do a recursive search (grep) under a specific directory. Here is an example of the string I need to search: /directory/dire... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: upstate_boy
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Shell script

I'm trying to run the script below recursively but it is generating multiple and simultaneous processes. how do I do to start same script again (last line of my script) only after he had just run entirely? The file name is bachup.sh I am using this command: # / bin / bash / ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprool
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic needed to recursive looping in the script

Hello i have a requirement where in a file i will get string. The length could be from 1 to 20. if the string is less than 6 characters ( ex: ABCD) . i need to append 'X' on right hand side to make it 6 characters (ex: ABCDXX). if suppose i get the same string from the file as ABCDXX then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive grep

Hi, on AIX 6.1 , in man document for grep : -r Searches directories recursively. By default, links to directories are followed. But when I use : oracle@XXX:/appli/XXX_SCRIPTS#grep -r subject *.sh It returns nothing. However I have at least one row in a file : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating recursive unzip script

Hello. I am trying to create a script that recursively looks at my folder structure, and extracts any .7z files that have not already been extracted yet. I know that all .7z files only have a single .txt file in them, and the only .txt file in any directory would be from that .7z file. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to solve compiling handbrake errors?

Hello friends, Am trying to compile and build Handbrake 0.9.9 on my redhat box but getting the below errors. Same errors when I compile the source from github and also from the official web site. # uname -a Linux blah.com 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
0 Replies
WRJPGCOM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       WRJPGCOM(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [ -replace ] [ -comment text ] [ -cfile name ] [ filename ] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG/JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG/JFIF file on standard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard doesn't actually define what COM blocks are for, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This lets you add annotations, titles, index terms, etc to your JPEG files, and later retrieve them as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have as many of them as you like in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks; but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
Switch names may be abbreviated, and are not case sensitive. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. -comment text Supply text for new COM block on command line. -cfile name Read text for new COM block from named file. If you have only one line of comment text to add, you can provide it on the command line with -comment. The comment text must be sur- rounded with quotes so that it is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you give neither -comment nor -cfile, then wrjpgcom will read the comment text from standard input. (In this case an input image file name MUST be supplied, so that the source JPEG file comes from somewhere else.) You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB worth. Type an end-of-file indicator (usually control-D) to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom will not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore -replace -comment "" can be used to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Add a short comment to in.jpg, producing out.jpg: wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Attach a long comment previously stored in comment.txt: wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or equivalently wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) AUTHOR
Independent JPEG Group 15 June 1995 WRJPGCOM(1)