Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat configuring broadcast traffic to heart commuication RH cluster Post 302690711 by jaysunn on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 09:43:03 AM
Old 08-23-2012
I am not 100% sure what other filesystems would be used for broadcast. What's the reason for not using the multicast method? The switch not allowing it?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Configuring new disks on AIX cluster

We run two p5 nodes running AIX 5L in a cluster mode (HACMP), both the nodes share external disk arrays. Only the primary node can access the shared disks at a given point of time. We are in the process of adding two new disks to the disk arrays so as to make them available to the existing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
3 Replies

2. AIX

POWER HA 5.5 & Service IP / disk heart beat

Hello, I have a quick question regarding POWER HA ( HACMP ) 5.5 ; I have four ethernet adapters en0 en1 en2 en3 en0 is configured as BOOT_IP with IP address all other ethernet adapters are empty en1 / en2 / en3 so when I configure the service IP and start HACMP , the service IP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. AIX

Should GPFS be configured before/after configuring HACMP for 2 node Cluster?

Hi, I have a IBM Power series machine that has 2 VIOs and hosting 20 LPARS. I have two LPARs on which GPFS is configured (4-5 disks) Now these two LPARs need to be configured for HACMP (PowerHA) as well. What is recommended? Is it possible that HACMP can be done on this config or do i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Heart beat monitor using android

I just had this idea of using Android (a linux derivative) to monitor heart rates of patients with a history of cardiac problems. There are plenty apps around that monitor heart rates, but none for people that require medical attention when their heart rate drops below a certain level for more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Heart OS and Love OS?

Hi everyone. Our professor in Operating Systems gave us a research work about the Heart OS and Love OS. We were told that they were old operating systems from UNIX but I couldn't find any information about them from google. I hope someone here could point me to the right direction. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jogonjr
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

configuring MYsql db on redhat cluster

Hello, can someone please suggest me in configuring the mysql db on redhat cluster, I have few questions. 1. where do I have to configure heart beat links, and is there any file in the redhat cluster that we update it to use these ipaddress and these interface on the node. 2. I am configuring... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies
IBV_ATTACH_MCAST(3)					  Libibverbs Programmer's Manual				       IBV_ATTACH_MCAST(3)

NAME
ibv_attach_mcast, ibv_detach_mcast - attach and detach a queue pair (QPs) to/from a multicast group SYNOPSIS
#include <infiniband/verbs.h> int ibv_attach_mcast(struct ibv_qp *qp, const union ibv_gid *gid, uint16_t lid); int ibv_detach_mcast(struct ibv_qp *qp, const union ibv_gid *gid, uint16_t lid); DESCRIPTION
ibv_attach_mcast() attaches the QP qp to the multicast group having MGID gid and MLID lid. ibv_detach_mcast() detaches the QP qp to the multicast group having MGID gid and MLID lid. RETURN VALUE
ibv_attach_mcast() and ibv_detach_mcast() returns 0 on success, or the value of errno on failure (which indicates the failure reason). NOTES
Only QPs of Transport Service Type IBV_QPT_UD may be attached to multicast groups. If a QP is attached to the same multicast group multiple times, the QP will still receive a single copy of a multicast message. In order to receive multicast messages, a join request for the multicast group must be sent to the subnet administrator (SA), so that the fabric's multicast routing is configured to deliver messages to the local port. SEE ALSO
ibv_create_qp(3) AUTHORS
Dotan Barak <dotanba@gmail.com> libibverbs 2006-10-31 IBV_ATTACH_MCAST(3)