Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Solaris 10 and ldapclient authentication Post 302687945 by jlliagre on Friday 17th of August 2012 09:07:02 AM
Old 08-17-2012
@bitlord You already did. Your entries are sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilbighorn
Thanks both for your answers, but I dont want solaris to run as server i need it to be a client of another server (that runs Redhat 6).
What makes you think anyone think differently ?

Please post your test user's ldaplist output, your current ldap client configuration (ldapclient list) and the ldap server access log during the authentication attempt.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Authentication of solaris with AAA?

hi i have a lab with routers, switches etc, and i was internet users to authenticate from my solaris server to another AAA server and then they able to access any router or switch. guide me where to start. thanks, Mazhar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10: Cannot ssh into machine- authentication issues

Greetings! I just managed to install Solaris 10 on a Sparc based machine. However, there might be a problem with the way ssh is configured. I CAN ssh from the machine into another on the network (same subnet, as root), but then the newly installed machine CANNOT seem to accept incoming ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
2 Replies

3. Solaris

configure ldapclient on solaris 10

Hi there, I am looking for a detailed step-by-step how to configure ldapclient on solaris 10. I used ldapclient manual, and edited nsswitch.conf and pam.conf, but it is not working. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trtcom1
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error in LdapClient configuration

Hi all, My code for configuring ldapclient is as follows: ldapclient manual \ -a credentialLevel=proxy \ -a authenticationMethod=simple \ -a proxyDN=cn=proxyagent,cn=user1,dc=sema,dc=com \ -a proxyPassword=user1 \ -a defaultSearchBase=dc=sema,dc=com \ -a domainName=sema.com \ -a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH and PAM authentication issues on Solaris 10

This is a zone running Solaris 10u8 on a 6320 blade. The global zone is also running 10u8. One my users is attempting to change his password and getting a following screen: $ ssh remotesys Password: Warning: Your password has expired, please change it now. New Password: Re-enter new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Solaris LDAPCLIENT accept CA

Hey Guys, How can I make the Solaris native ldapclient trust a CA? I am trying to use a selfsigned cert and it is not working. WHen I use ssltap to monitor the ssl traffic it shows this for the last client communication: 0: 15 03 01 00 02 02 30 | ......0 (7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ldapclient can not modify attribute

Hello, We have one Solaris 10 machine which has three LDAP servers configured. We want to remove one of them. I tried below ldapclient command however no change is made. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ldapclient mod -a "defaultServerList=10.149.9.20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfa_w
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send emails on Solaris 10 via relay authentication

Hi, I am looking for a shell/perl script which can used to get authenticate on relay server by a domain user account and password and send emails. Basically in our organisation system level authentication is blocked and we need to get authenticated via user level authentication on smtp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris FTP authentication

Dears, Is there any way to secure ftp communication using transport layer security authentication /auth tls/? My background is solaris 10, wuftp. Scanned Solaris hosts in our network and found some insecure communications. Read all documents from oracle.com. But cannot find anything about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sembii
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)