Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell or Perl (adding quote around path) Post 302683535 by apatil65 on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 07:44:00 AM
Old 08-08-2012
Sorry, its not chown, its text only.

---------- Post updated at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:27 AM ----------

Thanks a lot.
You have taken numbers as a delimiter, But what if its:
Code:
Text 351:2139 /opt/bo/boexi30/bobje/data/.bobj/registry/software/business objects/suite 12.0/olap intelligence/occa(o)
mkdir /users/home/xbbjny5

I need single quote to whole path ?

Please help.....

---------- Post updated at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:39 AM ----------

I got it.........!!! i did:
Code:
sed "s/\([0-9] \)/\1\'/;s/$/\'/" | sed "s/\([a-z] \)/\1\'/;s/$/\'/" abc.txt

---------- Post updated at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:41 AM ----------

Thanks a lot Smilie

---------- Post updated at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:41 AM ----------

Ohh no.... Smilie its wrong.....
please help...

Last edited by apatil65; 08-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Franklin: Please use code tags for data and code samples, zaxxon: code tags please; you already got a PM about it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding PATH variable in the startup scripts

Hi, I got a error message The environmental variable AUTOSYS is not set ! I think I require to to add a path to PATH variable in the startup scripts in the home dir. I tried using set PATH= but it is not setting the PATH when i do the echo $PATH , i dont get the new PATH reflected, Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajanishshetty
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding default search path for CPP

Hi there, I have built myself a GCC (3.4.4) for PowerPC with a cross compilation toolchain running on a x86, together with glibc-2.3.4 and binutils-2.16. On the PowerPC there is a system runnign already (only console ofc, nothing "cosy", kernel-2.6.15). So my question is how to propperly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyanov
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding PATH variable

Hello i use bash and i added a path variable for 2 files /rscr and /uscr in /etc/profile /rscr working fine but the other one shows command not found and when i try to type whereis for scripts in /rscr it shows them but the other one shows nothing... thanks :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wir3d
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a quote in some lines with multiple quote fields

i want to replace mistaken quotes in line starting with tag 300 and relocate the quote in the correct position so the input is 223;25 224;20100428064823;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;8;1;3;9697;18744;;;;;;;;;;;; 300;X;Event:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wradwan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Not able to quote perl function in sprintf() !

The required form of command is as perl /product/editique/RFR/preproc/scripts/ExprEval.pl -P 'EGAL_CHAINE (" ","")' -K /varsoft/editique/RFR/preproc/logs/D.RFR.PR.PCAC9.PCPA.00.54.20110920.Evaluate_Expression.logWhat's wrong with this code (it is not quoting the function, I have checked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl awk system quote probems

Hey guys, I'm having some issues escaping quotes and getting the following line to run in perl. The quotes are really messing me up. system (" awk 'BEGIN{FS="/t";OFS=","} {print \$1,$fieldNum}' $file > output.csv "); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Adding Directories to PATH in HP-UX with csh

HI Guys, I am truing to add some directories to the productive HP-UX (like /usr/sbin) the problem is that i tried some methods like (export) and setenv but i failed. I add some logs output of the commands to provide you with more info . the user which I am trying to add this path is different... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barry1946
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding to the end of the path in .profile

Hi there, I have the following in my path: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin But I want to change it programmatically(for the purpose of JBoss automatic(ansible) installs) to: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/jdk/jdk1.8.0_60 and after that I need to insert the JAVA_HOME programmatically,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvdalsen
7 Replies
soldelapp(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     soldelapp(1M)

NAME
soldelapp - remove an application from the Solstice application registry SYNOPSIS
/usr/snadm/bin/soldelapp [-r registry] -n name DESCRIPTION
soldelapp removes an application from the Solstice application registry. After removal, the application is no longer displayed in the Sol- stice Launcher main window (see solstice(1M)). OPTIONS
-r registry Define the full path name of the Solstice registry file. -n name Define the name of the tool to be removed. When executed without options, soldelapp uses /opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry (the default registry path). RETURN VALUES
0 on success 1 on failure 2 if the registry is locked 3 if name is not found in the registry 4 if the named registry or default registry is not found EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample display of the soldelapp command. The following removes an application called Disk Manager from the Solstice application registry and the Solstice Launcher main window. # soldelapp -r /opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry -n "Disk Manager" FILES
/opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry The default registry file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadml | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
soladdapp(1M), solstice(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
Globally registered applications are used by local and remote users sharing the software in a particular /opt directory. They can be removed only using soldelapp. SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 1995 soldelapp(1M)