Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem removing $ using sed in script Post 302680807 by RudiC on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 10:38:44 AM
Old 08-02-2012
Try
Code:
sed "s/\\${REMOVE_CHAR}//g"

and, btw, why don't you use $1 in lieu of $REMOVE_CHAR?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed modify problem in script

I am having problems with the following "sed" command only when it is issued within a bash script. #!/bin/bash cat config.xml | sed -e 's/yes/no/g' > newconfig.xml When I enter this command from the command line it works like a charm, but when run in a script as shown it "zero's out" my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sed command in shell script.

Guys, I've a problem in the "sed" command used in my shellscripts This is the problamatic line in my shell script: sed -e 's/${line1}/${line1_m}/g' prod_hier_1234.txt > test.txt It doesn't do the job of replacing the string stored in variable 'line1' to 'line1_m'. However If I replace the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines with sed

Here is some code output that I have: architecture ppc cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_POWERPC_ALL offset 4096 size 184464 align 2^12 (4096) architecture ppc64 cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC64 cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_POWERPC_ALL offset 192512 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a character using sed

Hi, I have a file with the text below. How do i remove the character "%" from the text file using sed ? Can anybody help ? 0% 68% 72% 0% 54% 33% 75% 24% 6% 59% 77% 77% 33% (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using sed in script

Hey guys, I'm looking to write a script that takes a variable line number and prints that line via sed, but I'm having an issue with the syntax. As I understand it, the sed syntax to print line number 52 (for example) is as follows: sed -n '52p' sed '52!d' sed '52q;d' But how can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wandergeek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Script Problem

My file is having the contents like this AND1 (A) { non : hafe on: tc ma : nite } AND1 (B) { non : hafe1 on: tc1 ma : nite1 } AND1 (C) { non : hafe3 on: tc2 ma : nite3 } I have written a sed script to search the patterns AND1(A) and AND1 (B) and delete the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalini_008
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script problem with sed

Hello i have a shell script which will go in some folders using for loop, build some programs with gcc and zip the output. then i have to paste the file of that zip file into a yml file which will be further used by a ruby watir script. PROJECT_PATH=/uploads/$PROJECT_FOLDER zip -rq ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikki1986
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED removing CR/LF

I have a source text file that contains something like this: <start_template> bool function( void *<var_name> ) { // Blah Blah } </start_template> Following is used to remove this template from source file. template=$(sed -n -e '/<start_template>/,/<\/start_template>/{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gee22
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp script - problem removing files remotely

Hello all, After searching through the similar topics and not finding a working solution, I decided to join and post my question (and maybe kill time and help other users). Essentially I am trying to get a file from the sftp and then delete it after the file is pulled. all the sftp commands... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarcMaiden
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk script problem

Hi All I am having a file as shown below File1# modyle 1 { test jsj hhsjh 13e3 jsjjs } memP(dbg_trace) { ajjs jsjs jsjs Test(claer) { jsjs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)