Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use GOTO stmt in Unix scripting? Post 302680585 by RP09 on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 05:03:55 AM
Old 08-02-2012
How to use GOTO stmt in Unix scripting?

my code does somthing like this:
Code:
#!bin/ksh
sqlplus / | While read id
do
     temp[i]=`echo $id`
     i = i+1
done
j=0
while [ $j -le $i ]
do
     --connecting to sql and executing a Stored proc for 1st id
     --checking for the status 
     status = $?
     if [$status -ne 0]
          error
          --need to increment j and go to WHILE LOOP ------------How To GOTO while loop from this step and nees to execute Stored Proc for 2nd id and so onn
     else
          --some other steps need to be executed
done

please help!!.....

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-02-2012 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix version of gosub or goto??

Is there a Unix (Solaris v8 ksh) version of the old basic command gosub or goto? I've researched the return command, but can't identify the command to return from. I am not trying to return from a function. Can someone give me a basic understanding of this please? Thanks so much in advance for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain the stmt

hi, Please explain the below stmt. P=1234 var1=:/a/b/c/file.dat printf "%s %s\n" "$" "${var1#?}" Output is: 1234 /a/b/c/file.dat What is #? in printf stmt? by using that the first character( : ) of "var1" variable is not displayed in output. How is that? please explain.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk stmt

Hi All, I have a log file as: cat error.log.tmp1 2010-07-06 23:18:34 Connection Available to xyztestftp.abc.com.my 2010-07-06 23:20:33 Connection Available to xyztestftp.abc.com.my ERROR FTP LOGIN Now I am reading this complete log file if no single occurrence of word "ERROR" (this word... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to get the Unix variable value in the sql stmt

Hi All I have a requirement where in I am stuck. There is a shell script that is being developed by me. It consist of the sql stmt also. I need to export a variable called HOMEPAGE with a value say www.abc.com. and then use this $HOMEPAGE variable in the sql stmt. My ultimate aim is to fetch all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Dates and SQl stmt?

hi All Please explain the below statement in RED?What does this mean? perl /HDS/common/operations/Quality_Team/Nirvana/WEEKLY_OOPS/sql_dump.pl --sql "select * from WEEKLY_REPORT order by test_case, type" --username=ddb_qa --password=ddb_qa123 --sid=pldeldb --output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SVS_2017
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Stmt - Need Help Urgently

Hello All, Need help urgently.. i have a scenario where i have two files 1) mireport_20111406.txt 2) PRLIHSP01_8080.2011-06-11-15_26_31 ---------- I want a query something similar to this algorithm :- Case when file_name is like mireport then extract_date=14-06-2011 when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"goto" like command in UNIX

Hi, echo "yes or no?" read ans case $ans in *) echo "yes" ;; *) echo "no" ;; *) echo "yes or no only" #here, if the answer is not "Y" or "N", I want to go back to asking "yes or no?" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Goto - UNIX v6 Manual Questions

Hey :) I am trying to understand the command goto. I have some questions regarding the goto manual. 1.What does the underlined part mean? I'm not allowed to type goto in the shell? But if goto is written into a file everything is okay? 2.So if a part of my file looks like this ... goto... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orbit
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A dash to GOTO or a dash from GOTO, that is the question...

Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python. So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too). Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'... This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)