Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a number from a grepped sentence of a file? Post 302680487 by itkamaraj on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 01:49:03 AM
Old 08-02-2012
Code:

cat $rrs.*.err.txt | grep "Error $err"

change it to

awk -v err="$err" '/Error/ && $0~err {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)if($i~/ID/){print $(i+1);next}}' $rrs.*.err.txt

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a sentence in each file.

In a directry there are 100 files are present.... How to append a statement like "Anup Das" in each of the file content, in the first line.... without opening the files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have to pass a sentence in a file,

I have to pass a sentence in a file, the specs are as: cat run | sed 's/SRT/'$8'/g' | sed 's/plength/68/g' | sed 's/stcol/'$5'/g' | sed 's/encol/'$6'/g' | sed 's/brdtype/'$1'/g' | sed's/brdtxt/'$3'/g' | sed 's/demotxt/Total '$2'/g' | sed 's/bantxt/ban_'$7'/g' | sed 's/validcodes/'$4'/g' > runx ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puzzle: file name grepped from text file yields "no such file"

Dear all, In a bash script, I grep a filename from an UTF8 encoded file: LIST=`grep ^source $FILE | tr "\t" " " | cut -d " " -f 2 | sed -e 's,~,\$HOME,g'` The result is # echo $LIST $HOME/.mail_aliases_seminaire_MMMG Then I try to access it: #ls $LIST ls: cannot access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josce
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing grepped text.

Dear Friends, I need your help once again. I have a flat file from which I have grepped something and kept in a separate file for some reason. I want to replace these grepped srtings with the strings in another file. E.g. Actual_file.txt COLOR: 33179 Lakme SEPT2011 Lot No: BR25324 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to receive a specific alphanumeric number from a sentence?

Hi, I am quite new to shell scripting. I am facing challenge in retrieving a specific number from a sentence from the log. the number is random and changes everytime in the log. For example, The number of rows updated in table is: 7000 The number of rows updated in table is: 8000 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with if then sentence (string in file)

Hello! I'd like some help with a sentance, this 'if' should take a string from the user, then search my list for that string, now only those lines that string is found should be worked on. I'm new to this, but i'm guessing it's something like this.. #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: klskl
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I must use first sentence from a file to put into variable

i am having some bash script which must use first sentence of the file. For example i have file which content is: test 213 So I must use word test into my bash script, and put it into variable. I am using a one variable named value value=$(</home/rusher/test.txt) so instead using test.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)