Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LPAR Networking: Can't ping
Operating Systems AIX LPAR Networking: Can't ping Post 302679629 by vpundit on Tuesday 31st of July 2012 10:37:42 AM
Old 07-31-2012
You may want to check your LHEA settings from the HMC. A couple of intern's at my last posting had similar issues and majority of time LHEA's were not set right. you may also want to check your loop back to make sure that your TCP/IP protocols are working correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

ping and networking

Dear friends, Please explain the functionality of the ping command and explain the network details, and IP layers. I want some more clarification about following things i) switch ii) hub iii) routers iv) proxy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangappan
3 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. AIX

Networking Issue (Cant Ping the gateway)

Hi, I installed AIX 7.1 on a blade though (hmc with vio). I can ping the IP address, but not the gateway. Is there anything that I should configure? Is there anything that I have to check with vio setting or Am I missing any configuration? Please let me know further. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
XSetWMProtocols(3X11)													     XSetWMProtocols(3X11)

NAME
XSetWMProtocols, XGetWMProtocols - set or read a window's WM__PROTOCOLS property SYNOPSIS
Status XSetWMProtocols(display, w, protocols, count) Display *display; Window w; Atom *protocols; int count; Status XGetWMProtocols(display, w, protocols_return, count_return) Display *display; Window w; Atom **protocols_return; int *count_return; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the number of protocols in the list. Returns the number of protocols in the list. Specifies the list of protocols. Returns the list of protocols. DESCRIPTION
The XSetWMProtocols function replaces the WM_PROTOCOLS property on the specified window with the list of atoms specified by the protocols argument. If the property does not already exist, XSetWMProtocols sets the WM_PROTOCOLS property on the specified window to the list of atoms specified by the protocols argument. The property is stored with a type of ATOM and a format of 32. If it cannot intern the WM_PROTO- COLS atom, XSetWMProtocols returns a zero status. Otherwise, it returns a nonzero status. XSetWMProtocols can generate BadAlloc and BadWindow errors. The XGetWMProtocols function returns the list of atoms stored in the WM_PROTOCOLS property on the specified window. These atoms describe window manager protocols in which the owner of this window is willing to participate. If the property exists, is of type ATOM, is of format 32, and the atom WM_PROTOCOLS can be interned, XGetWMProtocols sets the protocols_return argument to a list of atoms, sets the count_return argument to the number of elements in the list, and returns a nonzero status. Otherwise, it sets neither of the return arguments and returns a zero status. To release the list of atoms, use XFree. XGetWMProtocols can generate a BadWindow error. PROPERTIES
List of atoms that identify the communications protocols between the client and window manager in which the client is willing to partici- pate. DIAGNOSTICS
The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory. A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XAllocClassHint(3X11), XAllocIconSize(3X11), XAllocSizeHints(3X11), XAllocWMHints(3X11), XFree(3X11), XSetCommand(3X11), XSetTransient- ForHint(3X11), XSetTextProperty(3X11), XSetWMClientMachine(3X11), XSetWMColormapWindows(3X11), XSetWMIconName(3X11), XSetWMName(3X11), XSetWMProperties(3X11), XStringListToTextProperty(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetWMProtocols(3X11)