Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in exit in same shell with echo Post 302674549 by Scott on Friday 20th of July 2012 03:33:03 AM
Old 07-20-2012
Why not just use a simple test?

Code:
#!/bin/bash
var1=`date +"%m%d%H%M"%S.zip`

echo " Hi your current dir is :---> $PWD"
echo " Changing to home dir:"

cd ~ 2>/dev/null
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
  echo "Change dir failed ....Quiting...."
  exit 2
fi

ls -lrt

echo "..... APPLICATION logs....."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

`echo` problem.

Have the following lines in a script: echo "-----------------------------------------------"\ "---------------------" >> $xdfrpt echo "- Date - - / - /stand - /u - /u1 - /u2 -"\ "/x1 - /x2 - /x3 -" >> $xdfrpt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

Hi, I have given the following statement in a script to put the values of variables (VAR1, VAR2,...) in a file. echo " $VAR1 $VAR2 $VAR3 $VAR4 $VAR5" >> filename But the output is not coming properly. Variables VAR5, VAR4 are replacing the first (VAR1, VAR2,..). I can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

echo "XXXXX" >> /xx/output.txt cat /xx/file.txt| awk '{tony=tony+$1+$2; print tony/$3*100}' >> /xx/output.txt Dear all, In this situation i will have 2 lines in the output file. What i want is to have only one output line. e.g: XXXXX "value" HOW to put the output of the "cat and awk" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo $ problem

Hi I am using tcsh. I want display in a file_1 like this. $VARIBALE I gave in a termianl > echo "\$VARIBALE" > file_1 Its not workning. It was giving VARIBALE: Undefined variable. I gave \ before $, but why it was giving undefined varible? Please help me. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo *

Hello all, Please help with the below. I have a requirement where in I have to read a pattern and print it as shown below. Patterns will be as below. Input Output Pattern Should be printed as below with spaces such that I can awk. -*--* - * - - * *--**... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using exit(1)

Hi All, i have a script named as 1. scr_FTP.sh, it calls the script(2) 2. file_create.sh And in that 2nd script, i use the below function run_complete_workflow(). I introduced exit(1) to exit from the function: run_complete_workflow() and also from the 2nd script: file_create.sh and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

hi all i have little problem below is my shell script a=`sqlplus fss_cst/fss_cst@dolp1 << EOF SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF TRIMOUT ON; select process from lfs$ta_process where valid_to_dat=to_date('9/16/2010','mm/dd/yyyy'); EOF` echo ${SQL} the script name is test2.sh when i execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo and exit from makefile

I have a make file that needs to have allot of options set. Some of these are based on uname and such, some are passed in the call to make. I need to add an else that will print to the shell and exit under some circumstances. ifeq "$(cmp)" "g44" CC++ = g++ else @echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cmd || echo "something" - doesn't exit uppon error

Hi guys, I have a shell script where I have the following: for i in ad0 ad1 do gpart create -s gpt $i || echo "Cannot create GPT partition on "$i". Exiting ..." gpart add -s 128 -t freebsd-boot $i || echo "Cannot add freebsd-boot partition on "$i". Exiting ..." gpart add -s 4G -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)