Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running GPhoto2 from within a script Post 302671423 by trinak96 on Friday 13th of July 2012 12:21:01 PM
Old 07-13-2012
Running GPhoto2 from within a script

Hi,
I'm trying to call gphoto2 from within a script. The main purpose of the script is to take 'x' number of photos every 'n' seconds and then ftp the result.

gphoto2 from cli works, the ftp script works, but it doesn't all work together. Script (named 'timelapse') currently configured to take 20 pictures, 20 seconds apart.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
host='192.168.1.70'
USER='adrian'
PASS='adrian'
counter=1
while $counter <> 20;do
/usr/bin/gphoto2 --capture-image-and-download --filename %d%m%H%M%S.jpg
ftp -n -v $host <<EOT
ascii
user $USER $PASS
prompt
put *.jpg
bye
EOT
rm *.jpg
sleep 20
counter=$(($counter + 1))
done

Error Message received : ./timelapse: line 6: 1: command not found

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for reading logs of a script running on other UNIX server

Hi, I have a script, running on some outside firwall server and it's log of success or failure is maintained in a file. I want to write a script which ftp that server and reads that file and checks the logs and if failure , I will send mail notification. Please let meknow if I am not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vandana.parwani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in system() call and want the script's output

Hi All, I have a script(sample.sh) displaying the output of "dd" command. Now i am using this script in system() call as, system("sh sample.sh") in an application file. I want the output of system("sh sample.sh") in the application file itself. How can i get it? Many thnaks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes?

Hi, I have a script which does couple of database connection and run some SELECT queries to get some output in the file. I am surprised to see :eek: that when i run my script some times it gives the desired out put and sometimes it shows some error :confused: . Suppose if i execute it say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
3 Replies
sane-gphoto2(5) 						File Formats Manual						   sane-gphoto2(5)

NAME
sane-gphoto2 - SANE backend for gphoto2 supported cameras DESCRIPTION
The sane-gphoto2 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to the digital cameras supported by gphoto2. THIS IS EXTREMELY ALPHA CODE! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! DEVICE NAMES
The current version of the backend only allows one camera to be connected. The device name is always "0". CONFIGURATION
The contents of the gphoto2.conf specify the characteristics of the camera to be used. Resolutions (high resolution, low resolution, and thumbnail size) are required since they are needed by the sane frontends, but can't be obtained through the gphoto2 interface. Valid ports and cameras can be obtained by "gphoto2 --list-cameras" and "gphoto2 --list-ports". The dumpinquiry line causes some information about the camera to be printed. Empty lines and lines starting with a hash mark (#) are ignored. A sample configuration file is shown below: The "topfolder" line specifies the "fixed" part of the file path. For example, on the Kodak DC-240, files are stored in the directory /DCIM/100DC240. The /DCIM portion is constant, but 100DC240 will change and must be read from the camers. In this case, the line would read "topfolder=/DCIM" Some cameras don't implement a file structure and store all pictures in the "/" directory. This is indicated by setting "subdirs=0" with "topfolder=/" port=usb: camera=Kodak DC240 # this is a comment high_resolution=1280x960 low_resolution=640x480 thumb_resolution=160x120 dumpinquiry FILES
/etc/sane.d/gphoto2.conf The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below). /usr/lib/sane/libsane-gphoto2.a The static library implementing this backend. /usr/lib/sane/libsane-gphoto2.so The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading). ENVIRONMENT
SANE_CONFIG_DIR This environment variable specifies the list of directories that may contain the configuration file. Under UNIX, the directories are separated by a colon (`:'), under OS/2, they are separated by a semi-colon (`;'). If this variable is not set, the configura- tion file is searched in two default directories: first, the current working directory (".") and then in /etc/sane.d. If the value of the environment variable ends with the directory separator character, then the default directories are searched after the explic- itly specified directories. For example, setting SANE_CONFIG_DIR to "/tmp/config:" would result in directories "tmp/config", ".", and "/etc/sane.d" being searched (in this order). SANE_DEBUG_GPHOTO2 If the library was compiled with debugging support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. A value of 128 requests maximally copious debug output; smaller levels reduce verbosity. SEE ALSO
sane(7) AUTHOR
Peter S. Fales The manpage was largeley copied from the dc210 manpage. BUGS
Many. More general comments, suggestions, and inquiries about frontends or SANE should go to the SANE Developers mailing list (see http://www.mostang.com/sane/mail.html for details). You must be subscribed to the list, otherwise your mail won't be sent to the sub- scribers. 04 September 2001 sane-gphoto2(5)